RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jjnew

Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace?? Empty
PostSubject: Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace??   Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:17 pm

I just got done with my first hover with my brand new Esky Belt CP V2. At 3 minutes into the hover the heli started to spin nose to the left. I was able to land and give it a good look over. Everything checked except the small gear which drives the belt for the tail blades (not the gear on the actual tail blade shaft, but the one which is located right beneath the tail servo) was actually broken and crooked just by peering in at it. Is there an easy way to change just the little gear or do I need to take the whole damn NEW thing apart? Any help to get me back in the air would be appreciated. thanks.
Back to top Go down
Addicted2Helis

Addicted2Helis

PostSubject: Re: Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace??   Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:26 pm

Hey jjnew! Sorry to hear about your set back!!! I had the same problem on my Belt CP. I'm not sure but I think the body stayed the same between the V1 and V2 that you have. There's one of two ways to do it. You can pull the tail servo and just try to replace the plastic pinion (Not recommended though because once you pull the E-Shaped clamp, you might not get it to stay back on there and so far I haven't found anywhere that just carries that little darn pinion thing. I'm going to experiment with and aluminum gear that I have ordered to try and replace this gear.), OR (and I hate to say it you can bite the bullet and start pulling your brand new heli apart
orange4
I don't think Esky made this a very user friendly process, but it's not difficult.
orange71
The way the plastic body is designed is that the tail's belt drive gear is mounted between the main body housing.

The part that they sell is as a whole and not individual parts. EK1-0544 is the one you need as you already mentioned, but you can get it in the EK1-0534 set and get it a little cheaper and get the main gear set with it minus a one way bearing. Mine as well get that one too, because the main gears tend to strip in crashes. I've been getting mine from xheli.com and you can usually get them within 3-5 busn days. orange74

You will have to pull your main shaft, head assembly and gears, and then remove the gyro and tail servo. You can pull out the main shaft and head assembly as a whole. All you have to do is remove the small bolt and nut at the very bottom of the main shaft, take off all the linkages from the swashplate and then it will all slide out. Be careful not to bend your swahplate guide back too far when you're taking the thing out or it will break.

After you remove those take out (or loosen up) the four screws that clamp the tail shaft and remove your boom. There's a good video on nuttcaze's site on how to do the tail boom, main gears and head assembly. It's (http://www.myrcguides.com/HeliBasicInfo.html)

You'll most likely have to cut all your zip ties holding your servo wires (at least I had to) being careful not to cut your servo wires and pull out your receiver, but if you have enough slack in all the wires you don't have to do this.

Loosen up the two screws in the center of the main body on top and then loosen up the two in the middle of the main body and then the two on the very bottom of the main body. (these are all where the main shaft go through the main frame) Then there are four more screws right there by the shaft that you need to remove (two on top and two on bottom of it). You'll need to take one of the screws out of the swashplate guide too.

After you got everything loosened up, GENTLY pull the main frame apart and get all your bearings that fall out. The little one will be for the bottom of your tail driven gear. The larger ones are for your main shaft (1 bottom, 1 middle and 1 top) Then you can slide out the tail driven gear through where the main gears go and put in your new one. To get that little bearing back in place in the main body, I found it easier to put in on the bottom of the tail driven gear and then slide it all in as a whole between the main frame. After that you just have to put all your screws back in and zip tie all your wires back up if you had to cut the zip ties, and put your main shaft and gears back in and your head assembly. Just double check all your pitches again after you get the servo back on since you'll have to remove it.

CLEAR AS MUD RIGHT?!?!?! LOL
orange69

The first time I had to do this it took me about an hour and I didn't have any experience pulling the junk apart before that, other than replacing main gears and the main shaft stuff, so it shouldn't take you that long if you have any previous experience with replacing stuff on helis. It only takes me about 25 minutes or so now.

Nuttcaze has a whole series of intro videos for the Belt CP on that website I mentioned. They saved my life when I had to replace stuff on mine starting out.

I know it sucks when you have to replace that one gear, but it's definately a learning experience with your heli. My problem with that shaft isn't that it has been bent, but the plastic pinions seem to wear out easily.

I hope this helps you out!!!!! Your manual should have an expleded view of your heli and an assembly section that shows how they put that tail driven gear in there. I was cussing Esky when I figured out I had to pull everything apart, so feel free to do so if it will make you feel better, because it helped me. LOL
Crazysmile

FLY Hard and Have Fun!!!! orange58
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace??   Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:47 pm

Dude you Rock, awesome detailed post

orange74 orange74 orange74

Heres that vid you mentioned too

Back to top Go down
jjnew

PostSubject: Thank you, thank you, thank you!   Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 6:48 pm

This was my first time doing anything on a forum other than read them, and I am amazed at how helpful and friendly fellow RCer's can be. The info from both "addicted" and "nuttcaze" was so good I copied and pasted it to print because I'm afraid I'll lose it. Thanks again guys. I live in Las Vegas and am having a hard time finding heli pilots to help me get into this amazing hobby. I will visit often!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace??   Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace?? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 6:54 pm

I think Addicted2Helis post should be part of a stickey myself.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace??   Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt CpV2-tail gear part#EK1-0544 boke on first hover. how to replace??
Page 1 of 1