RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Belt CP V2 ESC

Go down 
+3
flagmax
Nuttcaze
obikinobi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
obikinobi

obikinobi

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:57 am

I have just purchsed a Belt CP V2 which i haven't flown yet, but i am a little concerned with what i have heard about the stock ESC.
Do they still have the same problem with the V2 version as i have read about the original ESC or have they fixed this problem.
If i should replace it does anyone have any recommendations as to which type and brand would be the best to buy.
Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated

Obikinobi
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:30 pm

I have search lots of forums and it seems the new ESC's are still prone to catching on fire, I like either the Exceed RC Volcano Series ESC or the 40A Momentum Series, both available from http://www.hobbypartz.com/bescesc.html

Back to top Go down
flagmax

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:53 pm

Yes replace the stock ESC. If it does not catch on fire then it cuts power because of over heating issue and your Heli will drop out the sky.

I just replaced mine with Volcano 30amp, wow what a difference. It still gets pretty hot like almost to hot to touch at end of flight, but works great so far. First time ever I was able to hover for 13:30 minutes before cutoff.

Nuttcaze, do yours get this hot too? Which is normal I guess?

If I had to do it again I would have gotten the 40amp ESC for 5 bucks more.

So please upgrade.
Back to top Go down
flagmax

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:59 pm

Forgot to add that the Vocano ESC comes with different plugs. They are 3.5mm gold females. I recommend soldering 3.5mm males on the motor because they are much better than 2mm esky plugs.. I got mine here http://dollarrcparts.com/cam-1001a.html
Back to top Go down
obikinobi

obikinobi

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:27 am

Thanks for the reply guys.Very helpful information
Happy Flying

Obikinobi orange74
Back to top Go down
obikinobi

obikinobi

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Belt Cp ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:33 am

Hi Guys, Can anyone tell me something about the ESC.
I have heard about ESC's with a linear BEC and others with a switching BEC.Which one should i get for my Belt CP V2 or does it really matter.....????? orange78

Thanks

OBi 1
Back to top Go down
flagmax

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:07 am

From what I read. A BEC is a device that converts high voltage into constant lower voltage. So it takes your battery voltage 11.1v and drops it to 5v. Things like the receiver, servos, and a gyro all run at this voltage that's why you have to have a BEC.

Switching BEC is the best because of its design and components. It's very efficient and runs nice and cool and is highly recommend by many. It costs more money that linear BEC.

All the ESCs I have seen that have the BEC built in are all linear. They run hotter and waste energy. My guess is its cheap to make and that's why companies go this route.

If you want the best then you will need to go with an ESC that Does Not have a BEC built in. This way you will get a switching BEC. It will cost more and a little more weight and extra thing to strap down.

Another good safety feature of stand alone BEC is incase your ESC fails, all of your other electrics will still work and you could do emergency landing(auto rotation).

If you go the more expensive better route then look into the hobby wing 30a ESC with switching BEC. http://www.helidirect.com/iosc/product_info.php?cPath=1_45_434&products_id=4407 What's nice with this one is the BEC wires already soldered to battery connector I seen it in one of Nuttcaze videos.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:48 pm

that is a very nice esc and does run alot cooler then ESC's with Built in BEC's

My 30A volcano does a good job but as others it does get a little warm sometimes, but have yet to have any probs, but then I'm not doing 3D yet either, lol

orange72
Back to top Go down
zedron

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 3:14 pm

My ESC in my Belt CP V2 caught fire the 2nd flight. Bought a replacement and so far so good.
Back to top Go down
Ty

Ty

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:38 am

zedron wrote:
My ESC in my Belt CP V2 caught fire the 2nd flight. Bought a replacement and so far so good.

I'm still using my original ESC without any problems....2 mths now. Doing mild 3D...inverts, rolls, loops and the ESC after landing seems fine temp wise. I fly in Idle up 2 with a DX7.
What I don't like about this heli, is that the reaction time is too soft and spongy. When I give a control input, it takes a few seconds for the heli to react...this is with no Exponential. It's driving me up the wall trying to make it more responsive whacky117
Back to top Go down
GW

GW

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:27 am

Here is a link to Emax ESC's and they have switch mode BEC's.
From what I understand Emax is also Hobbywing from a few posts I have seen on RCG.
Don't know this is a fact but from what I can gather, these ESC's are pretty good.
http://www.valuehobby.com/product_details.php?category_id=2&item_id=17
Value Hobby has them in all different sizes. Value Hobby has a $3.95 charge for shipping on any order and they are fast. I ordered some 6s batts a week ago and they arived within 3 days, so I'm happy with their shipping and the low shipping price as well.
I wish all the ESC manfacturers would get rid of the linear BEC and go with the switching BEC if they want to include them in their ESC.
Back to top Go down
Addicted2Helis

Addicted2Helis

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Hey guys orange60

Since y'all were talking about Switching BECs, can anyone tell me if I were to add a switching BEC to my Volcano 30A ESC if it would extend battery life. It seems that there is probably more potential for the battery, but it goes quick. Just wondering if this would help make the battery last a little longer. Thanks for any help you can give.
Back to top Go down
obikinobi

obikinobi

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:20 am

Good question Addicted2Helis,

So far i have only been concerned with the fact a faulty ESC could potentially catch fire or cause glitches causing the heli to fall from the sky.
I have done lots of research into the subject and have decided to go with the 40A OPTO ESC from Volcano and couple it up with the 3A UBEC from Volcano as well.
I know that there is probably loads of combinations to use but i think this is pretty good

I don't know the answer to your question but i will watch with interest in see what answers you receive

Happy Flying
Obikinobi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Belt CP V2 ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Belt CP V2 ESC   Belt CP V2 ESC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt CP V2 ESC
Page 1 of 1