RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Century Bell 47 scale build

Go down 
+7
coptercrazy
chiefqm
Nuttcaze
Fatdaddy
suriano
P3tras
Donnie D
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:17 pm

OUCH!

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 5:49 pm

Started "dry fitting" my electronics and fabricating battery and motor mounts today. Pics later.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:37 pm

You are smokin' right along. How about a picture of the finished color scheme, if you have one? navy1
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 5:52 pm

chiefqm wrote:
You are smokin' right along. How about a picture of the finished color scheme, if you have one? navy1

Hi Chief,
How you doin partner. Hope you can make it to Fatdaddy's funfly next year. I'm gonna try to. It'll be good to see you again.

I'm gonna keep the yellow canopy and tail truss. The mechanics will be dry brushed a silver grey sort of color. It looks like aged metal that way. I've done a little area on the tail mechanics as a test, and it looks pretty good. I haven't done any decal work yet, but probably will do some this week or next. I've done just a little "dirtying up" work, but not much. (Hydraulic fluid splatters on the fuel tank area). I'm not gonna do any scale work to the cockpit at all until I get it flying. I want to keep the mechanics as stock as possable until then. The cockpit scale work requires a lot of changes to the servos and the electronics and I want to make sure I can get her in the air first, know what I mean. Fatdaddy is helping me with the motor conversion part, thank the Lord.

I've almost got all of the electronics mounted (hate all those wires, they're a pain in the butt) and I'll be posting some pics later this week.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

OH, by the way, like I said, I'm gettin ready to start making up some decals. I have the decal paper. Do you think the decal stuff you use to make the decals edges blend in is necessary? I didn't buy that stuff, but I can get it if you think it is worth it.
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Hey Donnie, After you print your decals there are two things you have to do. The first is to "fix" or waterproof them by spraying them with a fixative. The second thing is to make them lay flat and conform to the shape of the object you are applying them to. That is done with a decal solvent. You also want to apply the decals over a gloss surface, either clean plastic or gloss paint.
Making the edge "disappear" by applying one or more coats of clear is another step. That step is optional, but you may want to consider it because it will protect everything, weathering, oil streaks, rust, etc. Also it is common practice to dull down the finish on models to a matt or semi-gloss finish to make them look more realistic.
I would recommend that you put a couple of junk decals on the sheet to practice with. These print yourself decals are a little different than what you may have used in the past. They have to be slid off the paper without letting them curl under, it's almost impossible to straighten out if it does.
It may sound complicated, but once you start doing it every thing will fall into place.
PM me for my phone number if you have any questions or just want to talk.
:prop: navy1
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:15 pm

I just finished printing my first sheet about an hour ago, and I'm letting the clear spray protectant dry awhile. I did print a few extras to practice with. I'm gonna go try one in a few minutes. I'll let you know how it works. orange68

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Hey Chief,

Those decals work great. I'm printing out some others that I'm gonna apply tomorrow. Thanks for telling me about em at the funfly. Pics later this week.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:03 pm

:bigthumb: navy1
Back to top Go down
skyhunterhobby

skyhunterhobby

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:49 am

Hey D it's me Skyhunter..... So this the Bell 47 huh!.....

Here is what i build M.A.S.H Bell 47

Last edited by skyhunterhobby on Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:32 am

welcome sign
Hey Skyhunter. Welcome aboard. You are gonna like this forum. There are a lot of great folks here. We try to look out for each other and help each other out. Some have a good bit of experience, some are complete noob's, most are like me, kind of in the middle.

Hey, where in the heck did you hide that battery? You would think a bqtt like that would be the size of a brick.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
skyhunterhobby

skyhunterhobby

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:11 pm

Hey Donnie D, Thanks you....

If you see the Video you can see the battery 0:09 It’s the two long black things lying on the stretcher on the side of the heli then I box them up with the confin box when done.

Well we are all at same level then i still have alot to learn D.

Thanks.

Skyhunter

Last edited by skyhunterhobby on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:10 pm

quote by Skyhubterhobby:
Well we are all at same level then I still have alot to learn D.

Don't we all. So you are using two batt in series. That's what I'm gonna use. I'm not doing the Mash version, but my batts will still be mounted on the skids, but in close to the frame, and I'm gonna disguise them as auxillary fuel tanks. I think that will go over well. I have my electronics all mounted, my ESC programmed and the Bell 47 is programmed into my DX6i. I'm just waiting for one extention wire for my gyro signal lead to arrive from Heli Direct and I can finish my wire routing, plug everything into the receiver and bind the rec to the transmitter. Then I can start setting up my cyclic. I don't need the motor installed for that stuff. I'm trying to get as much done as I can until I can get the motor and clutch installed. I'm gettin there.

I'll post more pics in a couple of days.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
skyhunterhobby

skyhunterhobby

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:45 pm

Hi Donnie D, Here is your request!

[img]Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Img_8212[/img]

[img]Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 37357210[/img]

[img]Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Img_8310[/img]

[img]Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Img_8312[/img]

[img]Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Img_8213[/img]
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Oh yeah, I sure love scale helis.

I know you know this, but I don't think I've mentioned this in this thread yet, but the Bell 47 uses a 90 degree swash and mechanical CCPM.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
skyhunterhobby

skyhunterhobby

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:39 pm

Sorry
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:03 pm

HUH?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
skyhunterhobby

skyhunterhobby

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:56 pm

Sorry I was on my phone when I reply.... :grinn: i ment to hit cancel insted of send.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:01 am

Skyhunterhobby,

Just out of curiosity, did you scale out the cocpit on your Bell 47? I plan to do mine, but since it requires a fair amount of modification, I'm gonna leave it stock until I get her flying.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Matthew 22 : 35-40

Last edited by Donnie D on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skyhunterhobby

skyhunterhobby

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Donnie, No i dint not scale out the cocpit no time :) but if your putting a pilot you will need a 10" pilot guy.

Good site to look to copy Bell47 Cockpit and any other detail.

www.airliners.net%2Fgraphics%2Fopen_file_header_image.jpg%3BS%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.airliners.net%3BFORID%3A1%3B&hl=en&search_field=datedesc&q=Bell+47" class="postlink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?search_active=1&search=&sheadline=&domains=Airliners.net&sitesearch=Airliners.net&client=pub-8297169501225184&forid=1&channel=1924797129&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&cof=GALT%3A%23E6E8FA%3BGL%3A1%3BDIV%3A%23000000%3BVLC%3AE6E8FA%3BAH%3Acenter%3BBGC%3A45678C%3BLBGC%3A45678C%3BALC%3AE6E8FA%3BLC%3AE6E8FA%3BT%3AC4C8CC%3BGFNT%3AC4C8CC%3BGIMP%3AC4C8CC%3BLH%3A36%3BLW%3A639%3BL%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fcdn-www.airliners.net%2Fgraphics%2Fopen_file_header_image.jpg%3BS%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.airliners.net%3BFORID%3A1%3B&hl=en&search_field=datedesc&q=Bell+47
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: one more thing taken care of   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Just finished binding my DX6i to the reciever. Everything seems to work, all 4 servos move. Kind of wierd to see just one servo move when you give collective or cyclic input. Kind of neat to be doing a mechanical CCPM heli though. It's a learning experience.

Anyway, next step is to make my servo horns and get them set to 90 degrees and hook up the rest of the links and start setting everything up. Gettin close and I'm really lookin forward to seeing this thing fly. Nervous as all get out too.

More pics this week.

Thanks for lookin,

Later
Donnie D smiley-happy088

John 11 : 25-26

Last edited by Donnie D on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 4:26 pm

OK, this morning I got all my servos to 90 degrees, made up and mounted the servo horns, attached the linkages from the horns to the bellcranks, set the endpoints on the Aile and Elev servos and tested the travel on everything. Everything seem to work great. I was worried because I had never even heard of mechanical CCPM before this, but everything in the swash movement is very smooth and the swash stays level from bottom to top. If it flys as well as it looks, I'll be a happy dude.

Next is making up the main blades, getting my motor mounted, (gotta figure that out, but I've got a couple of ideas), and setting it all up. Maybe it won't be much longer.

Gonna try to take some pics later today.

Thanks for looking,

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
skyhunterhobby

skyhunterhobby

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi Donnie, I just send you PM see if that help.
Skyhunter

[img]Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Bell4711[/img]
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:26 pm

skyhunterhobby wrote:
Hi Donnie, I just send you PM see if that help.
Skyhunter

[img]Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Bell4711[/img]

Larger pictures please.....I cant see much of the detail.
Back to top Go down
skyhunterhobby

skyhunterhobby

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Sorry :)

[img]Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Bell4712[/img]

[img]Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Bell4713[/img]
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Great thanks buddy! Looks awesome......
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: More pics   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:43 pm

Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Mvc002f
By d148521 at 2009-10-21
Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Mvc003fn
By d148521 at 2009-10-21
Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Mvc004f
By d148521 at 2009-10-21
Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Mvc006fk
By d148521 at 2009-10-21
Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Mvc007fu
By d148521 at 2009-10-21
Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 Mvc008fj
By d148521 at 2009-10-21

Got a LOT of scale detail work and paint work to do. The little wooden boxes just behind the cockpit are dummy batterys. That's where I'm gonna mount them and disguise them as auxilliary fuel tanks. Next is main blades and motor mounting. Boy, I'm gettin kinda nervous...and excited.

Thanks for lookin

Donnie D Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 738623

Matt 4 : 18-19
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:35 pm

DonnieD, Lookin Good Bro. Dont be nervous man this thing is going to blow your mind when you put it into the first hover,
this size heli is stable as can be. You'll see what I mean.

sdjb
Back to top Go down
skyhunterhobby

skyhunterhobby

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 12:12 am

Donnie D, it's getting there man!... keep it up.
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 4:17 pm

Hey Donnie. The decals look really GREAT. On your battery box covers, one could be an equipment storage box type of thing. Again GREAT JOB! :bigthumb: navy1
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Thanks guys, I hope I'll have it in the air before too long.

Donnie D Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 738623
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Century Bell 47 scale build   Century Bell 47 scale build - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Century Bell 47 scale build
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: Scale Helis (and planes)-
Jump to: