RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bert

Bert

Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash Empty
PostSubject: Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash   Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:29 pm

Hello ppl, your friendly mexican friend again. I have some stuff to show and questions to ask, so take a cup of coffe ur your favorite soda (beer would apply but it is still wednesday).

So these are the facts:

14 ago 09.- Second fly attempt, all precautions taken. The night before this day, I rechecked all the mechanical parts, servos alignment, arms, pitch inclination, batteries, I pried to Saint Judas (Saint for the impossible causes). All went fine and I said a "Go" under the T-time.

No wind in the moment, all went "green" to my second try in the Belt CP V2, seted it up, Tx and Rx linked, all good.

I am not hovering more than 1 cm from the ground (It is like I am driven a Trailer instead an helicopter). I found since my first practice than the helicopter turns to the left (which is normal), but going backward (even with the swashplate leveled), which forces me to keep the pitch forward, which it is not exactly normal, in the best of my understanding.

During the 1st to the 3rd attempts in this second session, I heard a strange noise coming inside the cabin... So i decided to remove it and let it fly without it.

5 attempt (the last one), I fighted to keep it hovering but the heli insisted to go backward, suddenly, a gust moves it quite enough to lift it up like 5-8 cm over the ground, doing a 180° turn, and the fatality arrived: the Belt hit a tube we have... the results:

Blades broken, as you can see:

Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash Imagen038

The hit was hard:

Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash Imagen042

Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash Imagen043

Feathering shaft:

Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash Imagen041

And after the full FAA investigation, these are the reasons of the strange noise:

(not a clear pick)

Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash Imagen039

Look at the main gear:

Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash Imagen040

Reasons? the battery cable... I couldnt make it fit inside the canopy, so the inside chafed with the main gear...

The parts are incoming from China now... I checked many of the sites from US you mention here, and some of the prices are lower than my regular online store in Hong Kong... but, believe it or not, while the DHL service from there to Mexico costs USD 24.00, the UPS service in american sites costs USD 64.00... and even USPS costs USD 26.00!!!

So... I am asking your kind help to enlight me about some questions I have:

1) How i can fix the problem of the battery cable? How do you insert and put the cable avoiding the chafing of the main shaft? The canopy is quite stretched in Belt CP...

2) In the worst of the lucks, the "Jesus nut" was "hardly tighten" since factory, and my allen wrench can not hold it... now how i can remove it to release it and place a new one?? orange43

3) I could get the one way bearing with the method we have been taught here (thx), I lost 3 fingers with the hammer in the process tho (Nutcazze, it is possible! just wear some gloves).:hahaha:

4) For some reason, the feathering shaft axis can be moved as Nuttcazze showed us in his vids... but the axis has two flat areas than do not allow me to pass it amoung the main shaft:

Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash Imagen006

Sorry for the quality of the pic, it is the black part u can see almost in the middle of the shaft.

5) The last one... I know I'm in the process of learning how to fly a 6 channel heli, but doing numbers, about other parts I will need for future incidents.. Do you think it would be better to go slowly getting the CnC parts?, If I do that, those parts will fit in a Exi 450?. My main goal in this hobby, is fly it well and go for scale...

Thank you so much for your kind time for reading my post, my big apologizes for my bad english, hope most of my text can be enough understandable, and thanks in advance for your kind answers.

Regards from Mexico,
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash   Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi Bert,
Your English is not so bad orange68 Sorry to hear that you crashed. I also had similar problem with ESC wire but it didn't cause any problems, But every time I put the canopy on I put the ESC wire as far from gear as I can (with finger). orange73 And about CNC. I think you should stay now with the plastic. But when you can hover then you can consider CNC upgrades orange71 But that's just my opinion.
Good luck in repairs Wink
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash   Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:27 am

Thx Petras, I will follow your recomendation. orange74

I guess i didnt write it correctly (in english), no one answered my questions :hahaha:

Anyway, it was fun writing it :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash   Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your opinion required... Chronicle of a noobie crash
Page 1 of 1