RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Just got my Belt CP V2!

Go down 
+8
Donnie D
GaryX1001
cgetman02
flagmax
Fatdaddy
P3tras
--==AxeL==--
kshep
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kshep

kshep

Just got my Belt CP V2! Empty
PostSubject: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:14 pm

:prop: Wooohoooo! :prop:

My Esky Belt CP V2 just showed up in the mail! Charging the battery now and getting ready to make sure it's set up right. I'm planning on watching nuttcase's videos on setting it up. I got a pitch gauge and all. This is my first CP helicopter, so I want to make sure I get it right. Anything else I need to do?

Here are some photos!

Just got my Belt CP V2! KshepCP2-2

Just got my Belt CP V2! KshepCP2

-Keith
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi K,
:bigthumb:

Let us know how you get on with first flight! Actually have mine hovering quite nicely now. Mind you, it doesn't take the wind too well! Had to be on my toes today as it was a bit gusty orange54
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Nice photos :bigthumb: Just watch nutts vids and set up it properly. And take it slow flying it first time. You'll be surprised how stable it's compared to hb fp :grinn:
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Awesome I can't wait. Just watched nuttcase's 3 videos again. Great stuff. Quick question. If I do need to adjust the linkages, how do I do it? The video just mentions a few turns? Can I turn the bar while it's attached or do I need to remove on end of the linkage and turn the end?

Thanks!

-Keith
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:46 pm

You mean about the long linkages adjusting blades pitch? Just unscrew the linkage from the top and then turn it. After that screw it back smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Yup, ok cool. Just making sure. I've never had to adjust these these things on my FP :-) Hopefully I won't need to touch them. Here's hoping it really is RTF fly high
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 pm

When I did mine, I removed one end from ball link and turned/adjusted it that way. If you have to make big adjustment be careful that you do not keep adjusting it at one end, there is a risk you will not leave enough of the rod in the plastic link to hold well enough, otherwise atomic
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:59 pm

Make sense, thanks!

Did you have to adjust yours much from the factory, or was it all pretty close?

-Keith
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Mine belt cp came almost RTF. Everything was perfect except loose belt and ~3 degrees pitch at mid stick (idle up). And more pitch wasn't bad thing for my first flights :grinn:
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Belt CP   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:07 pm

Hey Boys, You will be very lucky if you do not have to make adj. at all.. Its much better to make any and all even fine ajd. before you try to fly it... But not to worry!!! Thats why were here you will find all the help and guidence you need so take your time...set it up right ... THEN fly... Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:33 am

So I got my battery charged and I started to follow Nuttcase's video tutorial on setting up my heli. This is the first time I've ever done this, so I want to make sure what I'm doing makes sense. Here is what I did:

1) Disconnected the motor from the ESC
2) Turned on my transmitter
3) Turned plugged the battery into the ESC
4) Let everything initialize.

Checked the pitch at no throttle stick in normal mode I see:

2 degs / 2 degs

Checked the pitch at mid stick in idle up mode I see:

1 deg / 1 deg

Checked the pitch at zero stick in idle up mode:

-7 deg / -7 deg

Checked the pitch at full stick in idle up mode:

5 deg / 5 deg

(Going by the tutorials, it sounds like I need to adjust something to fix these values)

Next up, I started looking at the control arms to make sure the servos and the rods are at 90degs. These photos are all taken with the heli and transmitter on. Here are some photos I took:

Rudder Servo:

Just got my Belt CP V2! KshepCP2Setup3

Looks like it's at 90 deg. Looking good, don't you think?

Other servos:

Just got my Belt CP V2! KshepCP2Setup1

The servo on the right doesn't look like everything is at 90 degrees. Looks like the top arm is too long and perhaps the bottom arm is too short. What do you think?

The servo on the left doesn't look right either. Looks like it needs to come to the left a tad, and the bottom arm is too long and the top arm too short. What do you think?

Just got my Belt CP V2! KshepCP2Setup2

Looks like the server arm needs to come to the left a tad.

What do you guys think? Before I make any changes, am I on the right track? Which should I fix first, the pitch or these arms and server connections?

Thanks!

-Keith
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: First   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:51 am

The first thing you need to do is set the TX. at mid stick in Idle up and set the servo arms at 90'!! If you can't get them exactly 90 use sub trim to do so..
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:05 am

Sub trim is different thing than trim right? orange53 If yes then stock belt cp tx doesn't have sub trim orange3
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: TX.   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:44 am

Oh yea I forgot about the stock TX. not havin the extra adj...
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:48 am

Cool, thanks for the advice. I'll get to work on that today and report back!
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Ok first of all you will never set you servo horns to 90 on these Esky servos. A matter of fact I have yet to see a servo that will set perfect 90. Maybe the expensive servos do it I don't know.

Make sure before doing any kind of adjustment you set the throttle stick it the middle in idle up motor disconnected, all the trims in the middle and the Hov Pit knob in the middle as well.

If you did set everthing on the transmitter as above then the pitch servo on the right side looks like needs adjusting. Looks like the push rod horizontal needs to be shortened by like 4 full turns and vertical extened by same amount of turns. The rest is not perfect but good enough. The belt CP has a lot of slop and perfect setup will do little good.

You will need to check the swashplate to be levelled if you adjust any thing bellow it.
For that you will need to either eyeball it or much better but more work is to use the ziptie method in the tips hints section. Or even better but way more work is to take head off and use swash leveler.

For beginner I would not worry about having 1 degree position or negative pitch at mid stick idle up. But it has to be on both blades. You can simply turn the Hov Pit knob little bit either way to get it to zero degree.

About the links, they have a right way the go on the balls. I saw a letter B on the side that goes on the inside and some number 1 to 4 that will be on the outside side that you see. You can put it on the wrong way but it takes more pressure to pop it back on and more chance cracking the link. I suggest you use your fingers to pop them back on.

Hope some of this info helps.
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Thanks Flagmax! That is good to know. I need to retake the photos since I don't think I was in idle up mode for them.

I also need to set the trims to the neutral position. Should that also include the throttle trim? Mine was set all the way down from factory...

Thanks guys!

Keith
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Set up   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:23 pm

Holy sh444t I just sat here and wrote a opinion about this and lost it and I don't have time to rewrite it again right now but I WILL be back to do it later but it mostly said....
I strongly disagree with Flag man that set up does not need to be perfect for a noob!!!1 And Most servo horns CAN be set at 90!! I'm very sorry but I think you arew giving bad advise to someone who is new to helis!!! They DO need to be set up perfectly especally for a beginner!!!
Some of what you say is very good but to tell him that some of it doesn't matter I think is wrong to say!!
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 5:16 pm

I definitely want to get it setup the best I can before I start trying to fly it. Appreciate everyone's help. What's the word on centering the throttle trim tab before I start trying to adjust thing? Should it be center or down at the bottom?

Thanks,

-Keith
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: TRIM's   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 5:41 pm

All your trim's should be centered including the throttle..
And FlagMax, Please don't take anything I've said personally cause I don't mean anything by it, I just think noob's should start out with good habits of makin everything perfect as can be!!
Sorry don't mean to offend if I have!!!
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks FatDaddy,

Here is what my servos look like with all trim settings at the neutral position. Including the throttle.

Just got my Belt CP V2! KshepCP2Setup4

Looks like the arm on the right needs to be rotated counter clockwise a tad?
Looks like the arm on the left needs to be rotated counter clockwise a tad?

Just got my Belt CP V2! KshepCP2Setup5

Looks like the middle servo arm needs to be rotated clockwise a tad?
Looks like the tail servo is good.

Am I'm looking at this right?

Thanks!

-Keith
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:12 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
I just think noob's should start out with good habits of makin everything perfect as can be!!

I agree FD, my V2 was not set up very well at all 'RTF' my censored It would not hover and sounded like it was in idle up mode! orange54 Every servo was out of alignment, and the swash plate was way out. I used a swash plate leveller to correct it and worked my way up. Also needed to adjust rear servo to make tail stay steady orange54 I found all info for the set up on here and with a lot of help from Nuttzy's vids :bigthumb: She now hovers beautifully and is quite stable, as long as there is minimum amount of wind orange68
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Set up   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:39 pm

Forget about the tail for now. All the servos look like they should be moved to see if you can get a better 90'..And you are in IDLE UP??MID STICK?? OK Try that then we will continue!!
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:49 pm

Yes, in idle up and mid stick... I'll try to make these adjustments and then report back.

Thanks!

-Keith
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 6:50 pm

Hey K,
Some pics of mine, may help you.
Just got my Belt CP V2! IMG_0014
Even with everything trimmed and centred there was two servos that i could not get to 90`, I could of if I adjusted trim on Tx but felt I did not need to as I made adjustments with the linkages
Just got my Belt CP V2! IMG_0013
Nudged this one when I moved heli! It does align to 90`...Honest orange6
Just got my Belt CP V2! IMG_0015
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OK   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:09 pm

OK if thats it ok. At this point if you were using a DX6 or 7 you would go to sub trim and make them 90' but we will work with this!!! Now measure the two rods on the right front servo, make then the EXACT same lenth. Now... ADJ. the rods from the servo arms to the bell cranks so the bell cranks are 90'.. They are close but make them as perfect as you can....
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:43 am

I agree that learning good habits is important.

When I made my comments I was being realistic about what to expect from the sloppy stock Belt CP . Because of that I don't bother setting it up perfectly. I did do it few times in the past but now think its waste of time because of the slop in all the links it will still drift all over the place with the perfect setup. Not to mention its tail heavy. So now I set it up to close enough to 90' for servos horns then make all the arms where the three swashplate links attach to be 90 to the main shaft. Adjust these links to level the swasplate. . I just add a little trim if have to when flying. This is how I do it.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: set up   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:27 am

Well your right to some degree, but the two are compleatly separate from each other. In fact the CG does not need to be done first, it will nOT have any effect on the head set up, on flight yes but not the set up.. Also please keep in mind, a perfectly set up and balanced heli will NOT act or do the same thing everytime.. In fact it will most likely "do" something different each time..so chances are that the "drifting all over" is BECAUSE its set up perfectly!!! Not because of slopply links. Once you can hover/fly set up as you decribe is something you could live with if thats what you choose.. But for the beginner setting up compleatly right is a nessesity IMO,besides for flight reasons also to get to know the heli, how it works and why it does what it does. Once set up "perfectly" trim should be used to make it do the samething everytime you fly!! IMO..
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:37 am

On the elevator servo in the front of the helicopter, my links are never the same length. It could be because I can't set the horn at 90* or because the way servo sits.

What I do is get the elevator servo horn set close to 90* then start adjusting one of the rods so that the arm (its inside the frame) where front swash plate rod hooks to is 90* to main shaft.

Then I adjust the second rod accordingly so its feels loose once its in place.

Again this is how I do it on my Belt CP V2.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: link rods   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 4:47 am

This sounds like a reasonable way to do it, as I think it more important to have the bell crank 90' to the main shaft. I think regardless on the belt cp, the bell crank's should all be what is 90 the the shaft. Get as close to 90 with the servo horns, but because of the way this heli is set up that the BC's are the thing to get 90' ... Then move on to the swash and get it level...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got my Belt CP V2!   Just got my Belt CP V2! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got my Belt CP V2!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next