RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Belt CP belt tension

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
flagmax

Belt CP belt tension Empty
PostSubject: Belt CP belt tension   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:16 am

I got the Belt CP v2 RTF last week. Trying to find out it the belt is to tight. According to this video it is to tight. Can you guys check the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjnYeYQiXsc&feature=channel_page please. Let me know if this seems the way to properly tighten the belt.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OK   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:32 am

It looks ok to me! I try to get the belt to deflect to the 60-70% point. To much tighter than that and you will draw to much power and wear the belt out sooner. Set it up like that then turn the tail rotor while holding the main rotor from turning, it should not be able to jump teeth..
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP belt tension   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 am

Thanks for quick reply Fatdaddy.

I think belt tension is the hardest thing to adjust. Since this is my first belt driven heli I have zero experience. It seems its based on feel/touch. It hard for me to say how much force the person is applying to test the tension. I have watched videos by Marc and Finless and even they don't go into this skill of belt tensioning.

Right now if I hold the gear, and turn the tail rotor clockwise, it does skip if I apply moderate force. But it still looks just a little tight to me.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OH Ok   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:34 am

I really don't think your tight enough if you can make it jump. How hard are you turning to make it ship? As far as pressure to make it deflect I'm not sure how to dcecribe it to you so maybe try this..
Pull the boom out and make the belt tight!!! Push aginst it and see how hard you need to push to move it. Now loosen it little bits at a time until you can push it half way across..
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: slide the boom   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:20 am

I think I watched that video 20 times now lol. What I am seeing now is the person makes the boom loose then simply pushes on the belt. This pressure alone pulls the boom in as much as needed. If this is a case then my belt will definitely pull the boom in. But this depends on how loose the boom is and how easy it slides in the frame.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: However!   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:26 am

However it woprks for you is fine. You will know pretty quick if it is too loose!! It will take a few flights before you start seeing belt dust if it is too tight.
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP belt tension   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:54 am

What are the signs of loose belt? I've read somewhere that as long as the belt does NOT touch the sides of the boom then its good.

In your opinion, is it better to have the Belt on looser side then tighter side?

Fatdaddy wrote:
However it woprks for you is fine. You will know pretty quick if it is too loose!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: touch the boom??   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 4:06 am

Touch the side of the boom? Thats a new one on me. I'd prefer to have it just right!! But as long as it does not jump teeth looser would be better
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP belt tension   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 4:19 am

What I mean is the belt should NOT be rubbing on the inside of the boom. It should not be touching the boom at all. I think they said you will actually hear some noise if it is. So it can not be so loose that it flaps around inside. Maybe I am giving to much thought about the belt tension I don't know.

Well thanks for all your comments and advice. I will try my best to adjust the belt.
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: WoW what a difference.   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:26 pm

I went ahead and followed the video and what a surprise. What I noticed is the main blades spin more freely and much longer when I land and kill the throttle. They even spin easier when turning by hand. So far I don't see any cons with loosening the belt but all I can do is hover right now.

Fatdaddy, thank you for giving me the push in adjusting the tension as I was worried of messing it up.

My next mission is to dial in the gyro. I got it pretty much set in HH mode but in Rate mode heli turns left.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: gyro   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 10:45 pm

You would correct thaty by moving the tail servo!!! Not with settings on the gyro... Let me know when you are reddy to do that and I will explaine that or I'm sure someone has the link of doing it..
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP belt tension   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:50 am

So far got the belt tension set and blade tracking done, looking great. I am working on belt cp v2.

It has EK2-0704B HH GYRO that has limit and delay pots.

Using all stock electronics. This 6ch transmitter does have HOV PIT and GYRO gain knobs. It has idle up and gyro mode switch too.

It looks like I will need to adjust the limit pot because when I rudder 100% to the right, the tail pitch slidder hits the hub. No servo buzz though.

So far I got the servo arm set at 90 to servo. Should I be moving the servo while in HH mode or Rate mode?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Tail servo   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:07 am

Ok, first, forget all the settings on the TX. Oh and that is the same TX. IU started with also. Set everything at zero. Tail servo arm at 90' in RATE mode, then bring the heli to a hover. It will drift one way or the other. Land. now loosen the servo mount OH wait you got a belt CP? Is the servo mounted on the frame or the boom?? I don't have a belt so I'm not sure but I think its on the main frame! I'll need to know that for sure...
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP belt tension   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: thanks   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 2:52 pm

Thanks for coming up with the link for him P3!!! Does trhe belt have the servo mounted on the frame or the boom? Are you sure the link is what he needs?? I've never looked at or gone by any vids. I've just looked at it and figured it out and asked
Back to top Go down
djem

djem

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP belt tension   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 5:48 pm

The Belt-cp has the tailservo mounted on the boom and i think the v2 has the servo on the same position.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Thanks   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 6:15 pm

Thank you !! For some reason I thought it was mounted on the frame!!
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP belt tension   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 12:35 am

Had a bad day today. Tried to setup the gyro and after few take offs my heli nose dives into the ground from around 3 feet. Bent feathering shaft, bent flybar. Blades little bit messed up. The cause for the dive was the elevator servo decided to quit on me. Something happend with the electronics inside the servo. All the gears are fine.

I am really disappointed. This is a brand new heli. Ran about 5 batterries through it just hovering.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP belt tension   Belt CP belt tension I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt CP belt tension
Page 1 of 1