RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!

Go down 
+6
--==AxeL==--
Nuttcaze
kshep
P3tras
4n6Days
GaryX1001
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GaryX1001

today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! Empty
PostSubject: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:34 pm

hi,

today i was outside flying, but only a short time.
the heli came down for no reason, the onboard cam recorded the power loss very good.

if someone knows why this happend, please let me know.

im abit frustrated at the moment because i wasnt able to do anything. im sure it was not a pilot error.

Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:44 pm

Hmm..... after it got to the ground did you try to power it up again and see if it worked?

Here's some ideas:

- the battery was low and the ESC cut off
- the battery is bad or not balanced
- a wire rubbed through and shorted out
- a wire came loose
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:06 pm

Check that ESC still works. It might be that your ESC fried during the flight, redface
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:59 pm

4n6Days wrote:
Hmm..... after it got to the ground did you try to power it up again and see if it worked?

Here's some ideas:

- the battery was low and the ESC cut off
- the battery is bad or not balanced
- a wire rubbed through and shorted out
- a wire came loose

i have just tested it, the motor still works and the rotors spin with the same battery.
it was fresh charged today.

i dont think i will repair it, i cannot trust the components anymore because i dont know what happend. censored
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:06 pm

Are you going to give up or get something else?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:08 pm

Well it's definitely not mechanics fault orange78 Maybe there was some kind of glitch and rx lost tx signal orange78
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:14 pm

4n6Days wrote:
Are you going to give up or get something else?

i might give up with heli flying and concentrate on edf jets. if there the engine fails i have a chance to get the plane down without damage.

i dont really want to put every broken piece out again, buy new cheap made spare parts to get into the same situation again.

i would think another way, if it was a pilot error, but atm im just frustrated because it really flew stable before this day.
Back to top Go down
kshep

kshep

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:17 pm

Oh man! That's terrible! Sorry to hear about your crash!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:55 pm

does your Belt CP V2 still use the stock ESC? That would really be my first and only guess unless it was a loose wire somewhere. I def think you should stick with it though, I had my E-Smart do the same thing due to a Rx lockout, got to watch my E-Smart drop from 60ft with my camera onboard, and see it all drop on a barbed wire fence, absolute carnage. Camera still worked but the heli kit was done for. Crashing because of pilot error is crappy but when it happens for no reason its especially frustrating but its all just part of the hobby flyaway
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:11 pm

Are you running 72mhz or 2.4ghz?

What broke in the crash?

We all feel for you, man! orange4
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:14 pm

4n6Days wrote:

What broke in the crash?

2.4ghz.

-front left main-frame mount was cut - i will glue it.
-canoby broken
-main blades damaged but i guess if i put some color back on it it would work but i'll use the carbon blades the next time again. (seemed to fly smoother)
-flybar bent
-tail boom bent
-main gear lost some teeth :prop:

main shaft and blade feathering shaft seems ok, i will see if it is bent when it is build.

just ordered the spare parts one last time, if it does that again, then i'll sell the crap and stay with jets only Wink

@nuttcaze
yes, everything stock, ESC stock, i have put it over the battery btw because the heli was heavy tail weighted.
my guess is:

A) esky stock battery is crap - i got always some weird altitude drops while hovering for no reason
B) ESC - no idea.
C) a cable is broken, i guess that would be one thing i will never detect
D) bad charger - no idea how the batterys are charged - ill get a better one in the near future
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:38 pm

I really think the ESC was the culprit, I had the same sudden dropping prob till I replaced my ESC, the heli spins up much smoother now too.
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
I really think the ESC was the culprit, I had the same sudden dropping prob till I replaced my ESC, the heli spins up much smoother now too.

when i flew, i often had to use full throttle to prevent the heli from touch down to the ground. with the original esky 1800mha it was often very close to hit the ground, with the 2200mha it was abit better.

how do i know what ESC i need?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:01 pm

30A is the minimum but a 40A ESc would be better
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:06 pm

the one used in the belt cp v2 is a 25A one, if it is not enough i wonder why they build a heli with it..

can i use every ESC 30-40A or do i have to select a specific one to work correct and not having problems to connect it?
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:15 pm

Hey Guy's,

I also have the 'sudden drop' issue with my V2. I will upgrade the esc shortly and hopefully it will correct it. Sometimes it hovers nice and steady for about 10-15 seconds and then she drops, I originally thought it may be due to wind interference until I realised one day................there was none. orange3 orange51 I'm just glad I am still using training gear orange69
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:17 pm

You can use almost every ESC. Just look that it has soft start orange6
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 6:36 pm

P3tras wrote:
You can use almost every ESC. Just look that it has soft start orange6

lol, that answer is abit easy :giggle:

how do i know one is good and another one is bad?
i know absolutely nothing about ESCs.
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:32 am

This is the esc that I am going to order for my beltcpv2. http://www.xheli.com/60aspco.html

I am also going to order the esc programmer that is at the bottom of the page. I have had any esc related crashes with my belt yet but everything I read tells me that it is just a matter of time before it happens.

Good Luck and dont give up!!!! :bigthumb:

J.
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:38 am

I replaced my stock Belt CP v2 ESC with the exact same 30 amp Volcano series ESC. Although it fixes all the problems and works nicely, I would recommend something else. Reason bring is it gets pretty hot towards the end of the flight. It does depend on outside temperature how hot it gets.

Reading few threads about three weeks ago suggest a 40 amp ESC with SWITCHING BEC would be best choice. If I had to do it all over again I would at least get 40 amp Volcano for like 22 bucks.

Last edited by flagmax on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 am

flagmax wrote:
I replaced my stock Belt CP v2 ESC with the exact same 30 amp Volcano series ESC. Although it fixes all the problems and works nicely, I would recommend something else. Reason bring is it gets pretty hot towards the end of the flight. It does depend on outside temperature how hot it gets.

Reading few threads about three weeks ago suggest a 40 amp ESC with linear BEC would be best choice. If I had to do it all over again I would at least get 40 amp Volcano for like 22 bucks.

the last time i found out that the music which plays when you connect the battery (dont know if the motor plays the beeps or the ESC) takes very long sometimes to start. in normal mode it plays instandly, in HH-mode it can take up to a minute for some reason.

would such a 40A volcano ESC work with the e-sky belt cp v2 standard transmitter?

i also wonder if a stronger ESC has any negative effect? shorter fly-time? or anything else?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:49 pm

Yes that ESC will work with stock TX. And it doesn't have any negative effects. Maybe it is LITTLE bit heavier :prop: But you will not notice any negative effects.
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:09 pm

I made a typo in my post above the best UBEC is SWITCHING type not LINEAR.

The motor is what beeps and plays music (Volcano series).

Sometimes I also get a delay before it initializes even with Volcano ESC. Maybe it waits for the gyro I am not sure I always use HH mode.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:48 am

Yes switching type is very good because it consumes alot less power and can take high voltage range. Only downside that it produces alot of sound. So better keep it away from rx or you might have some glitches Crazysmile Linear BEC doesn't produce sounds. It's its only pros.
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:30 am

flagmax wrote:

Well, i saw a guy from Colombia, who placed a Processor's fan over his ESC... he told the ESC does not need it, but he does it cuz he is using a HB with fuselage, to keep it cooled... I do not know what do you think but seems for me like a pretty good idea.
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:20 pm

GaryX1001 wrote:
4n6Days wrote:

What broke in the crash?

2.4ghz.

-front left main-frame mount was cut - i will glue it.
-canoby broken
-main blades damaged but i guess if i put some color back on it it would work but i'll use the carbon blades the next time again. (seemed to fly smoother)
-flybar bent
-tail boom bent
-main gear lost some teeth :prop:

main shaft and blade feathering shaft seems ok, i will see if it is bent when it is build.

blades feathering shaft was bent too, had to replace it today. tail boom is installed again, i only spend 2h on the main gear, the screw at the bottom of the tail shaft was annoying me.
tomorrow ill build it to the end, i also ordered a new charger - GT Power A8 - i hope it is not just a waste of money.

before i go out to the field again ill order a new ESC, i just didnt want to spend too much money at the same time Wink
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:48 am

ok, i just finished re-building my heli, it hovers again more stable than before.

and:

the motor cut off just happend again!

i had luck it happend at the ground trying to spin up. it seems like the battery is the problem.
i tried the other battery and there was no problem.

when my new battery charger arrives i will check the voltages of each cell. im pretty sure the crash was because of the esky 1800mah battery.
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:00 am

GaryX1001 wrote:
ok, i just finished re-building my heli, it hovers again more stable than before.

and:

i had luck it happend at the ground trying to spin up. it seems like the battery is the problem.

when my new battery charger arrives i will check the voltages of each cell. im pretty sure the crash was because of the esky 1800mah battery.

Was it the green one? the Stock battery which comes with the Belt?

I ask it cuz i had a similar problem, but with the stock battery of my Esky Dauphin... Not good quality on those green bats.
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:36 am

Bert wrote:
GaryX1001 wrote:

and:

Was it the green one? the Stock battery which comes with the Belt?

I ask it cuz i had a similar problem, but with the stock battery of my Esky Dauphin... Not good quality on those green bats.

yes, the original green 1800mha esky battery.
i also found out it didnt provide stable power to the heli, using my xcell 2200mha battery is like flying a totally different heli!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:09 am

Yes, stock 1800mah battery doesn't provide power very well Crazysmile With 2650mah battery heli is much more powerful. But cut off never happened to me. Maybe there is weak connection in the battery. Remove shrink wrap and look for bad solder joints orange6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next