RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!

Go down 
+6
--==AxeL==--
Nuttcaze
kshep
P3tras
4n6Days
GaryX1001
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GaryX1001

today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:18 pm

P3tras wrote:
Yes, stock 1800mah battery doesn't provide power very well Crazysmile With 2650mah battery heli is much more powerful. But cut off never happened to me. Maybe there is weak connection in the battery. Remove shrink wrap and look for bad solder joints orange6

today i felt strong enough to go out an do some test hovers.
i charged both batteries.

nothing went wrong, also no power cut.

when the crash happened, my girlfriend was charging my batteries. i wonder, if she let the charger too long connected, so discharging process startet and i took off with a nearly empty battery.

orange78
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:06 pm

When I fly my Dauphin, i have with me a Chronometer: 9 minutes i give it to fly, and 9 cuz u have always 1 minute the battery connected, and in that minute the battery can be discharged if I forget to unplugged by anyreason.

So even i enjoy flying my Heli, It is 9 minutes, and no more. I am doing that with my Belt, just in case... and when i can make it flow again orange4
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Question regarding pitch   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:15 am

hi, i have adjusted my heli now (carbon blades, pitch set), it flys good i would say, but i found 2 things which made me wonder:

a) when i check the pitch of the main blades, looking to the left side of the heli i have 0 degree, looking to the nose i have ~ +0.5 degree, when i check it from the right side or behind i have 1.5 degree. the heli stands good in the air, is it normal to have these different pitch numbers checking from 4 sides? from which side should i check the pitch to set it @ 0 degree?

b) at first i had set my swash-plate as good as i could to level and after doing that i've adjusted it to stay stable in the air. after doing that, i check my pitch and it wasnt 0 anymore so i re-adjusted the pitch again.
i have ~5mm when i check blades tracking, but both blades are at the same pitch when i check it from the same side of the heli. is the out of track because of the left-right side pitch difference? can i live with that or will it cause negative effects when i fly?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:10 am

1. It should be 0 degrees at every side. Maybe your swash plate isn't level?
2. It will cause negative effects. Less stable, less power. Maybe your feathering shaft is bent? Something isn't right orange78
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:56 am

P3tras wrote:
2. It will cause negative effects. Less stable, less power. Maybe your feathering shaft is bent? Something isn't right orange78

if it is because my swash plate is not level, how come it stands that good in the air?
i might take a short video later to show the heli in the air, after all repairs and settings.

main shaft was not bend, i have absolutely no vibrations this time.
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:38 am

P3tras wrote:

ok, i increased the front elevator rod lenght by a half round and now i get:

front - right = 0 degree
back - left = +0.5 degree

i hope this is acceptable, i dont think you can messure it more precise with the plastic gauge and all the plastic head parts.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ?????   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:01 pm

rEALLY SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO USE A SWASH TOOL TO LEVEL IT THEN GO FROM THERE!!! pITCH NEED TO BE THE SAME AT EVERY POINT!!
Sorry Caps lock was on..
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
rEALLY SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED TO USE A SWASH TOOL TO LEVEL IT THEN GO FROM THERE!!! pITCH NEED TO BE THE SAME AT EVERY POINT!!
Sorry Caps lock was on..

i was out flying 2 batterys and it was very stable. when i move the swash plate up-down it is totally stable, no jumps, all sides lift the same.

is a difference of 0.5 degree so bad?

i took a video with some wind, hovering around to test it. do you still think i need a swash plate levelling tool?

Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Swash   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:33 pm

If you have not used a swash leveling tool to level the swash, Then in my opinion it needs to be done with the head off so it can be checked at top and bottom as well as middle where you set it up!!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:30 pm

0.5 degree isn't very bad :giggle:
Back to top Go down
GaryX1001

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:57 pm

P3tras wrote:
0.5 degree isn't very bad :giggle:

thanks, thats what i thought.

i only wonder about one last problem:
when setting up the pitch in idle up mode, when i give full negative pitch and push the elevator stick fully down, it looks like at the end of the way the swash plate tobbles it stops moving down on the front of the swash plate and the aileron and the other rod still move up abit.

i hope someone understands this sentence, difficult to discripe in another language :grinn:

maybe my swash plate is too low or too high? i bet i will never ever come in a situation, where i use max negativ pitch + full elevator stick down, but just to make sure..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!   today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

today i crashed my Belt CP v2 for NO REASON!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2