RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

DX6i on a Belt CP V2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jstarks

jstarks

DX6i on a Belt CP V2 Empty
PostSubject: DX6i on a Belt CP V2   DX6i on a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:28 pm

OK guys I need help!

I just finished setting up my belt cp v2 with a new dx6i tx and an ar6200rx. I used the thread of kshep setting up his as a guide. I have everything as perfect as it can be with plastic parts (still waiting on cnc from hong kong) and the sub trim ability REALLY helped with the servo horns.

I just have a few things that I have noticed and dont know enough to fix.

1. What should the gain% be for HH (now set at 65%) and what should it be for normal (now set at 50%)? I ask because with the stock tx in HH mode, the red light on the gyro stayed on. Now it is blinking fast, not constant on.

2. There is no gyro gain knob on the dx6i so the only gain settings I have right now is HH and Norm. Can I leave the tx on the gyro adjust screen and adjust during flight from there?

3 The travel adjustment for all servos is set at 100%. I turned them up to 125% but the servos didnt move any further than they did at 100% so I set every thing back to 100%. Whe I look at the servo monitor screen, and work the sticks, none ov the servos are traveling the full range of the monitor.
Is this normal?

4. I didnt measure anything before I removed the stock tx and rx but I think that the elevator and aileron traveled more with the stock equipment. What is swash mix and would it affect the travel of elevator and aileron?

Please dont laugh too hard at my questions. Crazysmile I am just trying to get a better understanding of all of this.

By the way, it is AMAZING how stable to can hover when a heli is set up properly! :clap:

RTF must atand for Re-adjust To Fly. :giggle:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: DX6i on a Belt CP V2   DX6i on a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:28 pm

[quote="jstarks"]OK guys I need help!
4. I didnt measure anything before I removed the stock tx and rx but I think that the elevator and aileron traveled more with the stock equipment. What is swash mix and would it affect the travel of elevator and aileron?quote]

I will start with this one....The swash mix is to adjust the travel of your pitch, your aile. and
your elev.

Higher #'s simply mean more travel. Lower #'s mean less travel. It works the same in the
positive or negative rage.
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: DX6i on a Belt CP V2   DX6i on a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Thanks Suriano,

Right now the swash mix is set at
Aile = +60%
Elev = +60%
Pitch = +60%

this is in a range of -125% to +125%.

Can I up the swash mix to get increased travel and then add expo to decrease the sensativity around center stick or should I just leave it as is since I am still learning. noob

J.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: DX6i on a Belt CP V2   DX6i on a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:15 am

1 - HH mode must be over 50% and rate mode under 50%, most people will never use rate mode after you use HH mode for a while so I always set rate mode to 30% and HH mode varies from gyro to gyro, set that to what ever works fgood fro you, mine is usually around 75%

2 - You can leave the Tx on but As far as I know, with most gyros you must still un-plug the heli so that the gyro settings will take effect

3 - You're prob best leaving the travel set at 100% for now and not messing with it just yet.

4 - The swashmix it used to reverse the swashplate functions and to adjust the amount of pitch you have. An example is sometimes when setting up the heli, when you push left cyclic and the swahplate tilts right, if the servos move in the right direction for all other functions, then you would change the swashmix value for the aileron from + to -, or vice versus and then both the aileron and pitch servos would change directions to make the swashplate tilt in the right direction. Its the same for your pitch, if at first when you move the throttle up and the whole swashplate moves down, then you would change the value of the pitch from say +60 to -60, and when you are looking to increase the amount of pitch on the main blades, then increase the pitch value closer to 100 until you get the amount of pitch you want. Did that make any sense Crazysmile It kinda does in my mind :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: DX6i on a Belt CP V2   DX6i on a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:32 am

Thanks Nuttz. That's scary because it makes perfect sense. orange74

But it brings up more questions. orange78

1. on a HH gyro is the only difference between modes, the amount of gain?
2. If say aileron is moving backwards, then couldnt you just reverse the servo rather than the swash mix?
3. From your explanation on swash mix I think you allready answered this but just to be sure; in the swash mix menu the numbers for aile, elev and pitch don't HAVE to be the same?
I was thinking that they had to be the same since all three servos work together to acheive movement.

Bear with me, I know I ask a lot of questions. headbeat

J.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: DX6i on a Belt CP V2   DX6i on a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:31 pm

1 - The gain is what makes the gyro go into rate mode and HH mode, if the values are the same it would always stay in rate mode, but when you turn the gain up over 50% the gyro will go into HH mode

2 - if only 1 servo is reversed from its normal direction then you would reverse just the servo but when 2 or 3 servos are moving together but in the wrong direction you use the swashmix to change all of their movement at once.

3 - your aileron and elevator values will most likey be the same but the pitch value will usually be higher.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: DX6i on a Belt CP V2   DX6i on a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Totally depends on your flight style and you will have to figure that out as you learn.
With My swash settings, I always use higher values for my ELEV because it seems
to improve my high speed turns. They can be put at any value that works for you.

Pitch is only used for setting the amout of pitch on your blades. Once you have that
set, you dont want to change it. The others can be used to fine tune your fly'n
style. Or you can set your paddle deflection using the swashmix and leave it
at that......
Back to top Go down
jstarks

jstarks

PostSubject: Re: DX6i on a Belt CP V2   DX6i on a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:34 pm

Thanks for the help guys! orange74

I think I understand now. Let me know if I do.

Shash Mix settings cause all three servos to move together to acheive the desired affect of each setting.
Adjusting elevator value up in the swash settings will cause all three servos to move in unison to acheive greater elevator travel (not only the elevator servo).

Positive numbers represent the travel in one direction relative to stick movement while negative numbers represent travel opposite the stick movement (reverse).

Thant is one smart censored tx!

I will make some small adjustments and fly until I see what works for me.

BTW did I mention how freakin awesome this forum is! :chickendance: A world of info!!!!

PS Hey Nuttz, I checked out the whole hate BPHobbies part of your site. I wonder if the kids get what they want??? Crazysmile

Thanks all'

J.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DX6i on a Belt CP V2   DX6i on a Belt CP V2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DX6i on a Belt CP V2
Page 1 of 1