RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600 Empty
PostSubject: TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600   TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 7:53 pm

2cents This is a bit premature for me, considering my skill level and my helicopter fund right now, jumpy but one day before too long I would like to own and fly a 600 size heli. lolol One place I've looked is KA Planes. They have the ES 600 kit for $249 and that kit comes I think with a motor and thats about it. They have the T-Rex 600 kit for $519 and it comes with Motor, Esc, BEC, BEC batt, and gyros. thinking Looks like all thats left to buy is a battery and the radio which I would need for the ES 600 as well. Seems to me I could have a T-Rex 600 for about the same money as I would have in the ES 600, maybe even a little less. Am I missing something. Not taking anything away from Esky (I love my Dauphin, HBFP and Belt CP) but wouldn't I have a better quality heli with the T-Rex? Would appreciate any input you guys have. If I'm missing something, steer me in the right direction. smiley-happy088 smiley-happy088

Thanks guys

Donnie D thanks sign
Back to top Go down
Nipster

Nipster

PostSubject: Re: TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600   TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 9:35 pm

Difficult one to answer...

Best ask Nutcaze what it cost to build his E-Smarts.

Do not buy an Align 600 kit with the 600L motor, it was the first motor and was prone to snapping it's main shaft.
The standard motor is now a 600XL and there is also a 650L upgrade.

Quick search found a T-Rex 600 ESP Torque tube tail, 650L motor etc etc for $537

T-Rex 600 ESP

Finally remember the Esky naming convention is erm odd to say the least.

The E Smart 600 swings 520mm rotors.
The Outrage 550 swings 550 to 575mm rotors.
The T-rex 600 swings 600mm rotors.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600   TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:59 pm

only the plastic version uses 520's the rest use 550's (I use 600mm's when I do AP) but they're still smaller then a T-rex 600, The E-Smart is nice but I don't think its comparable to the quality of a Align product.

As far as price, the final cost usually comes down to what you put in/on it. My E-Smart cost me $800 for everything, heli, battery, charger, DX6i, etc..

But a bigger heli (550mm and up) is a step in the right direction, soooo much more stable then the smaller ones.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600   TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 12:09 am

excited I think I'm begining to lean toward the T-Rex. But anyone with an opinion or idea please weigh in. smiley-happy088

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ???   TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi all, here is my 2 cents... I know you can buy choppers better "out of the box" than ESky. But for me half of the fun/fulfullment of this hobby is making them fly.. And fly great. That is done by care of assembly, set up and most of all TUNING!! When I get a new bird I HOPE to be able to do mods to make it better. And better in all ways..Power handling and so on. That means not only doing the upgrade of parts but SLECTING the right parts too, and parts that work together. So that makes ESky the perfect co.

I'm bulding a HBK2 with all the trick stuff that there is out there, but not just anything I can find but stuff that will work together as ONE machine..
I really wish I had a really good pilot near by so I could have someone to really put my builds thru there their paces as I'm not a very good pilot YET!!!
So for me I like to start with the underdog and build and tune so it will smoke the others!!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600   TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Nipster, I looked at the Heliproz kit you found. That looks like a heck of a good buy too. excited
You're right, Fatdaddy about the build and particularly the set up process. I'm beginning to see how important it is to take the time to go through the set up, and do it right. But it's starting to look like athe T-Rex may be the best buy in the long run. smiley-happy088 I've got a while yet to decide. I do appreciate the input. It really helps a lot. That's what is so great about a forum like this.

If any one else has a two cents worth, please weigh in. 2cents

Thanks
Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: $$   TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Well I didn't mention that I don't really look at the cost overall as I'm doin it. And a BIG part for me is to look at whatever it si I'm workin on when I'm done and say WOW I did this..
I agree that you might be into it for more coin when done but I think thats the price you pay for that satsifaction.
I get a LOT from working on them and I love it so I guess I might be a bad one to talk about it from a cost point.
Also.. right now there is a EBay auction for a Carbon/full metal ES600 thats around 26 bucks now. it ends in a day or two so maybe you might take a look. Thats where I got both mine. My carbon/F.M. cost me 220 I think and my full metal was 125.
Its from Helidrect and I know that their reserve price on thie kit is 200.
I was gonna snipe this one two but I think I'm gonna order a GSmart instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600   TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TtRex 600 kit vs. E Smart 600
Page 1 of 1