RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

pitch knob and bobbing up and down?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
burton8012

pitch knob and bobbing up and down? Empty
PostSubject: pitch knob and bobbing up and down?   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:29 am

my belt cp keeps bobbing up and down i thought it might be due to me be two close to the ground hovering buts its not cause i've had it pretty steady 2 feet off the ground with just moving around slightly and it didn't bop up and down and it keeps goin to the left and back i know why its going back towards me cause i put an exi tail on it and its heavier that i can fix but why does it still go to the left and i have full right trim on it.. im musta did something to mess it up cause a few days ago i could take me hand off the stick for a sec or two and it would stay put???

any tips on getting the C.G?
and why the bobbing up and down?
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: pitch knob and bobbing up and down?   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:17 am

all helicopters tends to drift to the left. if you fly higher you will have a better stability control. Als o make sure your swashplate is level . :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: pitch knob and bobbing up and down?   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:49 am

every thing is level i use that tool its driving my nuts why its bobbing i know it should bob maybe a little but like say im 3 feet high then it goes basicly to the ground then up again over and over ne idea?????
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: pitch knob and bobbing up and down?   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:39 am

ok let me get it straight, you at 3 ft up and it goes down right away? Are you sure you're not flying on the 3d mode? Or maybe your 0-20 percent thorottle has a negative pitch. you must set your heli pitch at 0 degrees at 3d mode on a 50 percent throttle. Or mit might be your stock esc, losing power. Also check all your servo connections and wire connection on the receiver, they might be lose.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: pitch knob and bobbing up and down?   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:43 am

ok say im 3 or 4 feet high im steady for a few seconds then slowly goes to almost the ground then slowly goes back up hover for a lil bit then slowly goes back down

swash level used tool 0 degree pitch at half stick
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: pitch knob and bobbing up and down?   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 4:50 am

someone else said it might be the esc but its only a week old the esc its a 30 amp volcano with 21 li-po's through it
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: pitch knob and bobbing up and down?   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Huh! That sounds pretty intteresting, well I had that happenned on my copter x before, the moment I upgraded y esc to a 40 amp at hobbypartz, I never had any problems with it. Since then, I changed all m,y helis to a 40 amp. Is your esc connection to the receiver lose? Make sure also that all your connections to the receiver is not lose.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: pitch knob and bobbing up and down?   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:32 pm

ok ill check out what u said ,, im just gunna strip it down and start from scratch and if it still does it its the esc..... whats a good esc to get beside excceed ones i was kinda pissed i have a exceed proton or something like that but i ordered a volcano ver 30 amp im assuming is the same exact esc they sent me why else would the send me it
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: pitch knob and bobbing up and down?   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:15 pm

so....... if you adjust your pitch knob to give more hs, the boobing stops?

if so sound like
1. raise hs, bigger pinion
2. setup blades to give 0 degree pitch @ half stick
3.redo your throttle and pitch curves on radio

is you heli rocking a little front to back as well? small rocking, nothing major type of deal? if so, thats a sure sign of too low hs

as for CG, if using 2200mah battery, it gives almost perfect balance if not move batter as far forward as you can, if need, make a extender to drop it more forward. also, move your esc to nder the battery for more weight up front

as for left drift, are your swash leveled? if so, do you have ccpm interaction?

ccpm interaction is was you level your swash say at 50% throttle and its all level up, how is the swash @ 0% and then at 100% throttle? is the swash off then? if so then you will need to set your epa for low and high points to remove the ccpm interaction assuming you level swash @ 50% throttle

-pete
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: belt cp v2 now cg issue   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:03 pm

yes the 2200 give almost perfect CG but that was before i added the exi metal tail.... trim all the way up and its still off but not majorly bad... it should be ok to adjust my link in front this way i get more trim on my TX?????? then i ll have it perfect that should be ok right? to shorten the front link to get the heli to go foward thus getting it trim in hovering??
i move the battery to a spot thats good for CG but then the canapy wont fit is thers any other canapys with longer nose so i can stick my battery out more then i wont have to adjust the front link? sorry im all over the place with my thoughts here

ahh also it seems to be not really bobbing to much ne more i was using the v1 feather shaft witch was shorter but still worked but the control arms were snug they should be nice an smooth moving right?? not rubbing right im just missing the shim spacers were the control arm meets the head don't know were to ghet shims or witch replacement part comes with shims for the feathering shaft

and lastly the left drift i was holding the fly bar checking the cg i think there might be a lil more weight on the left side causeing the left drift not sure
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: balanced perfect   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 3:04 pm

OMG i put my battery far foward to get the CF perfect but this time i didn't put the canapy on cause with the battery that far it wont line up to clip in in..... and if i do try to clip it in is bends the canapy mounts... so now OMG it goes straight up and hovers with out much stick imput soooo smooth i wish i would of done this sooner now i just got to get a beter canapy or maybe cut the canapy to trim it or something ne1 know of a good canapy thats bigger and a little longer nose???? so much easyier to fly now!!! pitch knob and bobbing up and down? 220177

i can't wait till my t-rex clone gets here tomarrow that thing must be so much smoother then the belt cp v2 pitch knob and bobbing up and down? 905176
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: pitch knob and bobbing up and down?   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:20 pm

if you still uding the esky canaopy?

try a trex type canopy, the nose is longer to fit battery
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: pitch knob and bobbing up and down?   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:23 am

ok thanks ill try t-rex one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pitch knob and bobbing up and down?   pitch knob and bobbing up and down? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pitch knob and bobbing up and down?
Page 1 of 1