RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jerison

My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice Empty
PostSubject: My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice   My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:50 am

Hi guys,
Went round twice, had two minor topples, bent flybar and dislodged rotor blades (fortunately was able to clip them back on with the help of your videos).

Few questions though:

1) My tail spins to the left quite badly upon throttling up. Adjusting Proportional + didn't help. What could be the problem? Seems like have to trim using the TX left trim then it improves slightly.

2) Understand that the two connectors to the 4-1 has bottom connector with black wire on top and red bottom. Mine came in reverse but when I tried to change it to black wire on top, the rotor would spin anti-clockwise. Changed them back to red up and black down and it seems normal. What could be the problem here? Some reversed connection made by the vendor?

3) I now know the difference between a co-axial and a FP. Its pretty sensitive and I know Im gonna enjoy once I get used to the controls. My question is, should I go to an open area eg a big field etc so that when I gain height, I have less room for error. Right now I'm flying in a covered car park which has height limitations but the area is slightly bigger than my living room therefore I could allow the heli to skid here and there should I lose control. Would this suggestion be practical or is it a recipe for a major crashing disaster?

4) Any issues with bending the flybar straight back or is it a must that I replace a new one?

Thanking the experts in advance...
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice   My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:05 am

1. Normal due to torque of motor. Just add rudder imput to counteract and trim as necessary.

2. Which ever way makes the motor spin correctly is ok. Probably the throttle reversing switch is set wrong, but it doesn't matter as long as rotor spins in right direction.

3. All I can say is the larger and more unobstructed the area the better. If you are using training gear, a smooth surface is better. Obviously an area without trees, fences etc is better. Most damage is done from hitting objects, not the ground. At least in my experience.

4. Better to replace it. It would be very difficult to get it perfectly streight, but won't hurt to try.

I'm no expert, but I hope this helps. Also go to the HBFP threads in this forum and also go to Nuttcaze.com and go to the HBFP info there. Take your time going thru it all and it will answer pretty much any questions that you have. VERY helpful. Of course, don't hesitaste to ask anyone here questions as well. There are no dumb questions.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
HBFP NL

HBFP NL

PostSubject: Re: My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice   My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:06 am

1) Thats normal

2) It was okee. Red on top twice.

3) Start simming and vistit radds place at http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html.

4) Start reading your A** off on forums.

FMS sim
http://www.flying-model-simulator.com/

HeliSimRc
http://www.marksfiles.net/HeliSimRC/index.htm

Both free :bigthumb:

Just saw Donnie D was also here :clap:
Back to top Go down
jerison

PostSubject: Re: My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice   My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:10 am

Really appreciate this Donnie. Will do just that.

By the way, for those who are interested in the aluminium carrying case for the HBFP, code EK1-T029, there's a vendor in my country selling it at S$20. He's clearing his stock. Bought it today, brand new. Think its like about twelve US bucks thereabouts...
Check out the below link, you would have to pay shipping though. Search using the code number and you will see it.

http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/ezsite/find.cgi

Thanks to you to NL, but I've got a simulator that came with my package.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice   My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My HBFP V2 arrived, went two rounds with it, need some advice
Page 1 of 1