RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread

Go down 
+8
eatmydirt
WhiteKnite6
djem
FPainter
Donnie D
Steve
Nipster
Nuttcaze
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:50 am

Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 9:05 pm

oh, hey guys, sooo apparently Andy (the VP at microheli that was taking care of getting the main shafts and feathering shaft made) has become really busy right now, but this is the e-mail I finally got back from MicroHeli in response to what happened with the parts they were suppose to make.

Quote :
Hi Marc, Andy is working on projects, these main shaft and feathering shaft can be produced at any time depends on the market demands. However, we will send back to you parts you have sent to us. Andy is currently very busy, he will reply email back to you soon. Best regards, HUY.

so if you guys have time and were waiting on those shafts like myself, send them a reminder we want/need those parts

http://www.microheli.com/contact_us.php?osCsid=07a507407cfedab92495f8d809cb9cdb
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 10:39 pm

Sent

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: A little help   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:52 pm

My E-Smart all metal version isn't even here yet, but I've decided to step up to the plate right off the bat (wow, that's TWO baseball metaphors in a row!) and get Hyperion Atlas Digital Servos.

But this is my first build, and I don't know how to pick the right size for the E-Smart.

Are there stats? 31g comes to mind, though I don't know where I got that from. Can you, or someone, tell me which of these servos will be the right size?

I suppose these are all going to be fast and durable at $32 ea., so I won't worry about that.

Here's a link for your convenience.

Hyperion Atlas Digital Servos

Thanks in advance.

Mick
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Mick,

I used Hitec HS422's for all 4 servos. They work great and I bought them from Heli Direct. Can't beat the price either. If you would rather use something else, go to Helidirect and look at the info on those and you can go by that info to select something else that would be comparable.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Parts   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:16 pm

You do not need really fast servos!!!! The "E" requires what they call STD. Size.. Really the HiTec 422's work very good I hear!! I've seen Nuttsey fly his and he does not seem hindered by them!! I myself use the Spektrum DS821 only because they came with the DX7 when I got it..!! They work very good and they are pretty fast but I'm not sure of the Spec. I did use one on the tail also but have changed it to a Ino-Labs servo made for tail rotor use..!! That is smokin fast at .06
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:34 pm

the thing I like most about the Hi-Tech HS-422's (besides the price) is that they make the ES600 a very predictable heli, the servos aren't the fastest but you won't notice unless you try to do a tick-tock, then you'll want some faster servos, but if you have to buy a new Tx, getting the DX7 w/ servos is the best option
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Speed   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:50 pm

I really agree with what you say about the slower speed... Mine is just TOO fast for me!!! It really is, and now with the tail servo thats just to fast also but along with that is that it is to responcive too.. The thing actually like vibrates if you let the stick bounce the servo does too!!! I really wish I could just slow evertything down about 40% then maybe IO could keep up!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:44 pm

why not add some + expo to them in the Expo menu on your Tx.

The funny thing is, I was going to tell you what I had mine set to (because when I first set it up I used to use + expo) but when I went to check I just noticed I don't have any expo on my Aileron and Elevator channels in my Tx, I don't even know how long I've been flying with no expo.

Its just funny because adding + expo makes the servos less responsive (basically) and adding - expo makes them quicker.

I used to use something like +12 but I never noticed the difference between having + expo and not having expo, the ES-600 with these servos is just a very sedate flyer
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: I DO!!   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:54 pm

I already do have expo dialed in!!! I have it set to +15 to +20 on both and +13 on rudder just to keep it from twiching like a mother when I move the stick for throttle!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 8:38 pm

wow, you'll have to try mine at the fly-in orange72
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:00 pm

Try setting the expo back to zero and change your swash mix numbers to a lower number. (+60 to a +40 or -60 to -40) Experiment until you get the feel you want. Expo can be dangerous as it can slow down response near mid stick, but then really take off on you as you move away from center.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Big, Toothy Grin!   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:55 pm

orange72
Just got my E-Smart kit in the mail today. It'll be my first build, and I'm thrilled. Don't know which way to go with the servos yet. But I want digital, full metal ones. That twitchy thing I'd like to avoid though, so is .18/60 too fast?

I'll have a Logictech GYRO, I think, if y'all think it will suffice for 3D flight, cuz that's the setup I'm going for.

Anyway! My kit is full metal, with motor and wooden blades. Remember y'all, Heliris is selling these on ebay at auction with a reserve price of $189.

I've seen this kit for sale elsewhere for $330. I've noticed that he's not making the reserve many times, so I grabbed one while I could. If you want one, just go bid $190 and you'll barely make the reserve. The more people who own these the better, and this really is a good deal, ask Nuttsie!

BTW, Heliris sells this Heli on his website for $249!

I'm sure I'll be coming back here for advice as I piece this thing together, but for now I'm just Smilin' Jack, and feelin' real SMART.

Take Care,

Mick orange68
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ES600   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:35 pm

That speed should be OK. not fast but will be mild.. The Logitech is GREAT!! That is what I use. Heliris is really HeliDirect.. I've bought all my "E"'s from them thru Ebay. I even got my metal for less than that.. It's been a few months ago, but I think it was around 160.. I've gotten my CFPro's for 200!!
You say this is your first build, not your first heli right??
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:25 am

I have been doing it like Donnie does and use swash mix to tone it down.
Everytime I use Expo it feels all wrong and unpredictable. If you want to do
3D with the Esmart (as I do) you need strong fast servos and tune the heli
with flybar and paddle choice.

I use no weights on my flybar. My flybar is 20mm shorter than stock and
my servos (HS-6635HB) .18 @4.8v and .15 @6v Rudder is DS620 .09 @4.8
.07 @6. I flip this thing pretty good and it feels very solid and fast without the
twitchyness.

Use no expo and reduce the swash mix to get use to it. Then open up the swash
mix and let her rip.......

This setup has (well along with the Hurricane 550 head) has showed me how
stable inverted flight is.

Videos of that soon... orange71
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Twitchy   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:06 am

Really the only thing thats twichey is my tail and I think thats just because the servo and gyro are so fast.. I believe the servo is .07 and .06 .. I'm gonna try slowing the gyro down some.. Really the biggest thing for me is when I move the throttle stick I also move it sideways and get some undesirable effect but still it is nothing close to causing big problems... I think the DS821's are .12 and .14 I seem to recall and thats pretty fast for me but it is not really what my problems are, it is my thumbs and I'm getting them under control more everyday!!! I already have played with the swash mix some before and will look at that again as I agree that expo should be reduced to very low or none.. But everyone really needs to find what feels best to themselves..
I don't think that hard 3D is something I'm lookin to do.. I'm much more interested in contest type(F3C) flying.. TO ME the 3D stuff isn't really flying its more like just using the power to flip the heli all around in such a fashion as nothing could ever fly..Just my op..

But all in all I'm really happy with my "E" .. It handles like a sports car and will just take gettin used to, same goes for the EXI500 and the G5 .........
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: pinion & battery   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:11 am

Suriano; I see that you're using a 6s 5000 batt. I'm thinking of a 5s 5000, I have a charger that will only do up to 5s. Can you tell me what pinion you are using on 6s.
I'm still trying to make up my mind as to the battery. I have the all metal carbon edition
If anyone else has any input I'd appreciate hearing all opinions. I won't be doing any 3d anytime soon.
Thanks, Frank
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: First Build   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:57 am

Yes, thanks for the concern, Fat Daddy!

Although I'm new to the hobby (last Christmas), I do have 4 helis (two co-axials, one Fixed Pitch, and one EXCEED RC G2 Raptor PE). The is a thinly disguised Walkera 36, a six channel CCPM.

I've also spent a couple of hundred hours on RealFlight and Clearview. I can do inside/outside loops, smooth rolls, inversion exercises (but a little loose on the tick tocks), funnels, backwards and inverted figure eights, and, oh yes ... crashes! orange44

I've performed more crashes than any other maneuver, so your concern for my E-Smart is not misplaced. I watched Justin Chi's dad teaching him on the simulator NOT to crash, or he doesn't play, and then doesn't scold him if he crashes a real one.

Clever psychology. So I've just now started sim flying with one goal: equal number of safe landings to take offs. It is DIFFICULT, since I can do a lot of things, but NOT without ending up with a pile of thrashing metal skidding across the ground.

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.

I'll check back with you guys as I need more advice.

Mick
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:18 am

fazool wrote:
Suriano; I see that you're using a 6s 5000 batt. I'm thinking of a 5s 5000, I have a charger that will only do up to 5s. Can you tell me what pinion you are using on 6s.
I'm still trying to make up my mind as to the battery. I have the all metal carbon edition
If anyone else has any input I'd appreciate hearing all opinions. I won't be doing any 3d anytime soon.
Thanks, Frank

I am using the stock 12 tooth pinion. I have just got this heli to where it will
fly so I havent been able to try much out.

I dont want to fly hard 3D either but I do like to go fast and my manuvers are
hard and quick. We will see I now am able to dial in the heli and really see what
it will do.

To me it feels like it needs more power even on 6s. I think I would be unhappy
on 5s.

Depending on how you plan on fly'n the esmart....2X 3s 4000 zippys are really
light and provided an easy 6 min. flight.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Battery's   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:44 am

Hey guys, Just my thoughts, I have abd use both 6S5000 and 5S4800 and I do like the power of the 6 better but truthfully there really is not that much diff. I don't think.. I also use the stock pinion.. I'm just doing FF and crusing around!
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:41 pm

Thanks for the comebacks guy's, It looks like i'll try the 5s with the stock pinion.
Another question, what is the threaded hole in the swash which did'nt have a ball on it for? I have 1 extra ball that probably goes there but I have no clue what it's for.
Frank
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm

I like 5S1P's myself but plan on running 6S1P's very soon

I don't know what the extra hole on the swashplate is but mine has the same hole but I don't use it for anything.
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Now that's cool!   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:42 pm

I just noticed somebody gave me a picture logo.

Nice! And with the E-Smart, too!

Mick
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:11 pm

that would be me orange72
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Nuttsie   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:38 am

I thought as much.

Thanks.

It's the personal touches that make this website worth using.

Just my humble opinion.

Oh! How could I forget! Finless Bob likes the Spartan Rc Gyro for his Align helis. I trust him, and have a bid in on one. Anyone object to the idea of using the DS760 for the E-Smart? For the sake of a newbie. I'm planning on growing into a hard core 3D set up, as my flying ability increases.

Also, just for the sake of awareness, what do y'all think is the absolute BEST standard digital servo for the collective, and the best for the tail, if I want to do HARD CORE 3D, but am not yet experienced enough to claim proficiency? In other words, if money were no object, what servos should I use as a beginner, that may or may not need replacing later as my skills begin to resemble 6 y.o. Justin Chi?

Thanks,

Mick
aka WhiteKnite6
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Hard one!!!   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 3:23 am

Thats a really hard question to answer, Mainly cause you will get to the point that you like what YOU like. And that might not be what I like or think is the best..
That being said, HiTec just came out with some smokin servos that will run on a 2S lipo
pack 7.4V!!! Titinum gears, metal finned heat sink case, strong and fast..I don't have the numbers right here now but could get them for you or you could go to the HiTec.com and check them out... Now here is an example... I personally like HiTec servos, others will like JR,(which I also like) or futuba (my spelling sucks) or Align or whoever.. For tail servos.... I like and use Logitech gyro's and the matching servo..
however the servo(3100G) that goes with the 2100T gyro is too small for the "E" so I use a Ino-Lab tail servo, its almost too fast for me right now.. I really would like to get a 6100 gyro soon for my "E" and see how that is and that would come with a matching servo that is big enough for the 600's but that set is pretty costly at around 285.00

Well I hope this helped some, I dought it but you get the idea...right???
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Hey FD,
Just wondering if you have tried addind expo to your rudder?
Mine is really fast also and I added 4% expo and it works great.
Just a thought......

As for setups for 3D I dont think the Esmart is capable of hard 3D so you
might want to just get capable equipment and consider this a trainer.
Dont get me wrong it can do a lot but not hardcore...
Other than that you should find out what the hardcore 3D fliers are using
and I dont think any of us on the forum are hard 3D flyiers.......

Do google search's for trex 600 3D setups you should find the hardcore
equipment to use.

You will need really fast servos with the standard Esmart setup because
it is not direct to swash. I am looking into the mod for the direct to swash
setup and may get into that soon. I am going to push the Esmart to its limits
and find out what it can do.
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: skid vibration   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:31 pm

I just came across a post on RCG by DVS1 on 2/19 in reference to skid vibrations on the esky. He states that he also had the same problem and solved it by going to the trex 600 skids. Suriano, I don't know if you got yours sorted out but if you haven't maybe this is the answer.
Frank
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 1:42 pm

fazool wrote:
I just came across a post on RCG by DVS1 on 2/19 in reference to skid vibrations on the esky. He states that he also had the same problem and solved it by going to the trex 600 skids. Suriano, I don't know if you got yours sorted out but if you haven't maybe this is the answer.
Frank

Thanks for the suggestion. I did get mine sorted out but it was a lot worse than just
vibrating skids. The whole heli. was shaking like a crack addict.

I ended up installing a completely different head assy. from Hurricane 550. I have only
flew twice since the mod. and can report the heli is doing great. I did however
notice the skids vibrating when I pulled out of a backflip but then they would settle
when I flew off.

I agree that the skids may be a little soft. I actually plan on doing something, I have
been try'n to find CNC skids for the 600 like I have on my 450 but havnt found them yet.
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 2:54 pm

Suriano;
Do i have the same problem to look forward to in regard to the head?? I sure hope not. Just what was it? Did you have the metal head?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next