RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread

Go down 
+8
eatmydirt
WhiteKnite6
djem
FPainter
Donnie D
Steve
Nipster
Nuttcaze
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
suriano

suriano

E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:40 pm

fazool wrote:
Suriano;
Do i have the same problem to look forward to in regard to the head?? I sure hope not. Just what was it? Did you have the metal head?

I have the metal head and the problem was that the head was over drilled so that
the mainshaft was a very very poor fit. Nobody else has mentioned this problem
so your chances are good.

You will notice right away if you put the head on the main shaft and can slides
on very easy and wobbles around.

The new Hurricane head I had to push on then tap it to seat it where the hole is.
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Suriano;
Thanks for the comeback...I put the head on and it seems as tight as it should.
I'm waiting for electronics and then I should know for sure, thanks to you we all have an option if we have the same problem.
Frank
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 8:44 pm

I just ordered the new Trex 600ESP landing gear today. I was told it is the toughest
600 landing gear to get. It looks strong. The Esmart landing gear is so loose and rubbery that I would love to put something else on.

So I will show that off and hopefully it will be a good fit and a good upgrade from
the stock Esmart stuff.

Has anybody ever thought about stiffening the lower part of the frame?
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: I've started my build ...   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:21 pm

But I need to make some choices, and have some questions:

1. Will the Logictech LTG-2100T suffice for 3D? It's recommended for 400, 450, and 500 class helis, but I'm guessing the E-Smart will still be fine with this, or am I wrong?

2. What is the BEST (reasonably priced, or under $35ea) digital standard servo I should get for this build? I want them to be fully capable of hardcore 3D flight, when and IF I should decide to pull an Alan Szabo or even a Justin Chi, and start harvesting some cornfields. orange71

More questions later about how to match the number of battery cells with the ESC, if I can use an ESC with the BEC built in, how to build a battery cage, etc., but the two questions above will get me started.

Thanks, Friends,

Mick
PS Fly Upside down, land rightside up!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:43 am

can't help you there, haven't got into the high end electronics yet. no where near hardcaore 3D myself orange53
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: E-Smart repair vids   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 8:41 am

Hey Nutz,
As time allows, would you be willing to start making some E-Smart repair vids? Feathering shaft replacement, main shaft, main gear, tail belt and assy, etc.
Just a thought.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Gyro   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:18 pm

I use the 2100T and an Ino-Lab serve on my ESmart and it seems great holding. I'm not near any 3D but for FF it works great!!
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Thank you, and ...   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:53 am

... just to be clear. I'm not claiming to be a 3D pro either (not yet, anyway).

It's just that I'm already putting routines together on the simulators, and am edging toward "control" in some pretty fancy maneuvres, albeit the fanciest are still my frequent crashes.

Fortunately, these crashes are all on the simulators (Realflight). And although I plan to fly with the utmost caution once I get my E-baby built, I fully expect to be doing Deathrolls, Funnels, Inside/Outside Loops, Snakes, Dog Walks, and generally making my E-Baby dance within a year.

So I want to set it up nice. Right now I'm shooting for Very Good, and saving Great for my next build, which will be the Smarty CF edition (that's ALL METAL, too, right?).

BTW, I got my stuff. I'll post it later as it arrives and I have pics, for those who want to see a slightly different build than previously posted here.

But for now I can tell y'all that I settled on the Spartan RC Gyro that I bought used for $100. For now I'm using the same Servie for my tail as for the main rotor, to be upgraded as needed.

Thanks to all for your imput, and I'll keep you posted.

Mick
PS I like the way Donnie thinks! Those repair vids would be great.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:28 am

I'll try to make some soon when I get time, I've got too many things going right now as it is.

But let me know how that Spartan Gyro works out, I was thinking of getting one myself.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Flight   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 12:42 pm

WhiteKnite6 wrote:
... just to be clear. I'm not claiming to be a 3D pro either (not yet, anyway).

It's just that I'm already putting routines together on the simulators, and am edging toward "control" in some pretty fancy maneuvres, albeit the fanciest are still my frequent crashes.

Fortunately, these crashes are all on the simulators (Realflight). And although I plan to fly with the utmost caution once I get my E-baby built, I fully expect to be doing Deathrolls, Funnels, Inside/Outside Loops, Snakes, Dog Walks, and generally making my E-Baby dance within a year.

So I want to set it up nice. Right now I'm shooting for Very Good, and saving Great for my next build, which will be the Smarty CF edition (that's ALL METAL, too, right?).

BTW, I got my stuff. I'll post it later as it arrives and I have pics, for those who want to see a slightly different build than previously posted here.

But for now I can tell y'all that I settled on the Spartan RC Gyro that I bought used for $100. For now I'm using the same Servie for my tail as for the main rotor, to be upgraded as needed.

Thanks to all for your imput, and I'll keep you posted.

Mick
PS I like the way Donnie thinks! Those repair vids would be great.

Yo Mick, Not to be a smart censored or offend or anything and I'm actually almost affraid to ask, but, Do you fly anything now??? If you do you relize that the sim IS differant than a real heli??
Just wondering.. Maybe I missed where you told us!!
Yes the CFPro is all metal too!!!
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Fatdaddy ...   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Well, to tell you the truth, I am a bit concerned about that.

I have a feeling this woeful tale has been told a thousand times. I do believe some of it was due to bad luck, bad conditions, and no real spacious place to fly, especially indoors.

But here is what happened:

I do have three or four other helicopters.

Two of which are co-axials. Even those took some time to get used to, believe it or not. Another is the Falcon 40, which is a simple fixed pitch heli like the Esky Honey Bee. Now, with that one, back in January when I got it, I kept going outside at 7:30 in the morning to find still conditions, just to be extra cautious.

Long story short, I never found still conditions, and the slightest breeze would just take it and throw it.

That broke. Many months on the sims later, I flew it again at a park. Even with a little breeze, I was able to fly it for about 5 mins, albeit with a bit of crazy correction. This is simulated on Realflight, but as you say, it's another thing all together to balance that marble on glass in real life. BTW, the FP is the hardest to fly helicopter I have.

Next, I have a Raptor G2, which is a Walkera 36# with a paint job. It's all metal/CNC, brushless everything, 30 amp ESC, 7-channel radio and receiver.

I crashed that one by towing it into a fence back in January, after a million attempts at just hovering it.

I fixed everything on it (hey, my first major repair!), and then decided to do the hover training for 3 days as instructed by someone online, by keeping it within a square foot in my kitchen. Never being more than a foot off the ground, it got away a little after a while, and did a blade strike on the floor. So much for that repair. Nothing like the horrible feeling of watching your newly repaired heli beat itself to death and the Tx won't kill the power! I still don't know why they do that.

I decided to give up on repairing the six channel until I was better. I've been flying the co-axials almost daily, and have good control of those (big deal, but it took a little while to get a good feel for it), and since then have put in several hundred hours on the sim. I put on radio shows and fly for a couple of hours or more most days.

It took a good long time to get control of the simulated helicopters, too, though generally I'm a quick study. Not with these, though, apparently.

So, I've had a lot of frustration, too. It's expensive and embarrassing and exhasperating and time consuming.

I know how Suriano feels! But I think I'm ready now to put together my G2 (one more part on the way) and start like I did with the sim, with orientation training, moving on to forward flight, circles, eights, loops, rolls, backward flight, inversions, tick tocks, snakes (my favorite), in that order, more or less.

If I crash, I crash, but I can't sim forever!

And thanks for the concern, Wise Guy! orange73

Mick
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Sorry   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:40 pm

Just wondering Dude!! Cause it sounds like you got it down!!!! On the sim anyway, I think it sounds like your ready to go with the G2 also!!! It all sounds good,GREAT in fact but it is just that till you get out there and do it!!!! I think your ready!!!! You sound like you know what your in for and it is time to get your censored out there and fly!!!!
Go for it!!!!
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:22 pm

How are you guys running the wires from the rear 2 servos? I can't see how they are routed in any pics. I'm guessing they have to be far away from the belt and gear but I can't tell from any of the pics just how it was done.
Thanks, Frank
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:41 pm

Mine run to the back some and down and out the left..The servo wires are above the main gear and the gyro are below..
Hope this helps!!
E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 DSCF0015-3
E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 DSCF0018-2
E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 DSCF0005-1
E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 DSCF0009-3
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:17 pm

Hey, nice build, FD!

I built mine from the seat of the pants and it's considerably different from yours.

I should do a build thread for mine. I later found out that others did some things the same way as I did before me. I do like how mine turned out.

Here's a side shot, with a 3300ma bat. I am now running 5000ma's sometimes and they still balance Ok, and fit in the canopy with this setup!

The only problem is the vulnerability of the battery to a crash.

With this setup, I don't have to remove the canopy to connect everything up. I have a UBEC battery switch on the far side and the battery and ESC wires are under the rear of the canopy! Very easy.

Best,
Kent

E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 DSC02493
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:36 am

Hey, FD. I don't know how old those pics are, but it looks like you are missing a nut on that back left side servo arm. Better check it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: NUT!!   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:23 am

Yea DD I know.. That is just my attempt at weight savings!!! That happend to be the exact amount of weight to balance the heli!!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:40 pm

FD;
Thanks for the pics. It looks like you ran the servo wires over the boom and up the left side. I noticed that you have the speed control and the rec. right next to each other. mI've always been under the impression that they should be further apart. Do you have any problems with that?
Thanks again for the pics and info.
Frank
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: set up   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:47 pm

No I haven't had any trouble with the Rec... The wires actully run out the left side away from the boom. the two rear servos are run together in the black/orange sleeve and the forward servo runs alone above the main gear to the front..
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:12 pm

It looks as if the rear servo wires are over the belt, or at least the one on the right servo comes over the belt and meets the left wire and then goes forward in thr braid. Correct?
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Does everyone mount the receiver up front?
I routed the wires with all of the cyclic servos back and down the side between the boom mount screws on the left side, too. These just go down to the receiver, which is mounted at the lower rear of the heli base plate. These are with the gyro/tail servo wires.
If anyone is interested, I could post closer pics.
Kent
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:22 pm

Please post the pics when you can. I'm thinking that his heli will be a little tail heavy with a 5s pack
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Wires   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:26 pm

AHHhhhh yea.....I guess.. Does it matter?? They don't touch the belt or boom I don't think...
Back to top Go down
fazool

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm probably a little too careful with this one after my first Dragonus crashed because I was a little careless with a ouple of servo wires and they got damaged and caused a total disaster. This heli is too large for me not to be really careful with the wiring. It's my least favorite part of the build.
Thanks, FD much appreciated
Frank
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Wires!!   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:07 pm

Well I think to be the safest you should get the wires outside the inner frame ASAP...That keeps them away from the moving parts, however it also takes away from the clean look that we all shoot for!!! But there is NOTHIN worse than a crash from something other than pilot error...pilot error I can take!!!! Malfuctions from other things I can't!!! If there is anything I can assist you with please let me know....
But right now I must let my 14 year old baby girl on the machine!!!!So later..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread   E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E_Sky E-Smart (ES600) Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3