RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Possibly building Belt-CP . . .

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the R

Jack the R

Possibly building Belt-CP . . . Empty
PostSubject: Possibly building Belt-CP . . .   Possibly building Belt-CP . . . I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 11:33 pm

Since I burned out the motor in my HBFP (wind blew heli into tree, tree snagged rotors) I've been debating whether to finish training on a Belt-CP or upgrade the HBFP. I spotted a $30 metal upgrade kit on eBay which sealed the deal - at least, it led me to make an offer on an ARF Belt-CP kit. So assuming this all works out, and I start building a Belt-CP with metal upgrades, what are the remaining weak areas of the Belt-CP? What upgrades are suggested, what components would you finish it with? My goal here is to have the heli right from the beginning and not waste time on cheesy stock parts that don't cut it.

For the radio, I'm thinking this 2.4 ghz Exceed 6 channel looks good - Link

For the motor/esc/battery, I'm open to suggestions. This Alpha 400/Volcano combo might be o.k. but I'd rather see 20-30c from the battery.
I don't know if the motor or esc are strong enough or not - so I'm asking orange74

For the servos - I may rob the ones out of the HBFP and Commanche, if they'll work, but I'm open to suggestions.

Don't know what to look for in a heading lock gyro.

I see there's an Xtreme landing gear upgrade, is it necessary? The stock Belt-CP gear looks strong. Maybe it isn't.

What else?
Back to top Go down
Jack the R

Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: Possibly building Belt-CP . . .   Possibly building Belt-CP . . . I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 4:50 am

Heh heh, seller refused my offer. Yay for me, I'd have felt stupid buying the Belt-CP ARF after seeing this DragonSky 450 for less than half the price.

I would guess the Belt-CP metal head/tail upgrades would work on this, what do you think?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Possibly building Belt-CP . . .   Possibly building Belt-CP . . . I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:39 am

It is trex 450 clone. Almost the same as exi 450 (only different manufacturer). I think it is better than belt cp orange71 And you should not install metal belt cp head on it. Better use trex or any of his clone metal heads flyaway
Back to top Go down
Hanol

Hanol

PostSubject: Re: Possibly building Belt-CP . . .   Possibly building Belt-CP . . . I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:30 pm

I am looking for a true 3D heli with the rotor diameter of no more then 400mm. You can call me crazy, but it's what I want. Crazysmile I mean full collective pitch, mechanical tail rotor, all the possible mixes and curves. You may ask why 400mm? Simple. I want to fly in my bedroom in the middle of the night when my wife is sleeping. Crazy enough? :)

But to be serious, I have rather small backyard and never feel like going to my club's field 20 miles away just to make a flight or 2. So I want to fly it anyplace and anytime I want. 200 size helies are difficult, but you learn. Just takes time.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Wild Thing   Possibly building Belt-CP . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:25 am

If you want full 3D, Full CP and a blast to fly and small??? Go with the Honey Bee King 2!!!! I've built one thats EXTREME!!!! Its a killer little crack head heli!!! I learned on one and will NEVER get rid of my KING!!! No matter how good I get or what other birds I get!!!! I could give you the receipt to build one when your ready!!!!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Possibly building Belt-CP . . .   Possibly building Belt-CP . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:47 am

But king 2 rotor head is about 600mm. I think best small 3d heli is trex 250, but its rotor diameter is 450mm orange78 Firefox 200 is nice but its main rotor diameter is 432mm, so lets go on. Blue Arrow Dexterity 3DX V2 Helicopter is collective pitch, but I don't think it would able to do any 3d tricks. And it main rotor diameter is 82mm orange51 Walkera 4G3 is kinda 3d helicopter with main rotor diameter 302mm, so it is more like it. So you will need to look for heli smaller than 200 class, because 200 class main rotor diameter is ~430mm orange78
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: your right   Possibly building Belt-CP . . . I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:51 pm

Yup your right, IU don't know whaty I was thinking.. One rotor blade for the king is 275
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possibly building Belt-CP . . .   Possibly building Belt-CP . . . I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possibly building Belt-CP . . .
Page 1 of 1