RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

question on blades

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

question on blades Empty
PostSubject: question on blades   question on blades I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:17 pm

just a simple Question on rotor blades,, Would it be a big difference on my king 2 with the 3900 upgrade if i jump to 315mm from 275mm blades? i know what to expect from an airplane when we change diameter,,, it produces a little better thrust at a lower throttle % thus giving you a certain % of more efficiecy. Could this also be the case with hellis as well? the blades are about 1 3/8 to 1 1/2 longer,but keep in mind of the up graded 3900 brushless motor. my feeling is less rpm and stress on the motor,but, not much more flying time. orange78

Last edited by tntrcnutz on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not the correct heading to warrent a response)
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

question on blades Empty
PostSubject: Re: question on blades   question on blades I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:21 pm

1 thing to worry about, boom strike and tail rotor strike if you got up to 315, safest up size is the frp 288's , they will clear the rotor tail

only way to prevent it is to extend your boom and longer belt.

what you get from the longer blades when i did it was i up it to 325 with extended boom, i was getting VERY VERY stable hovering,, but taxed the motor and battery.

question on blades King2004bg0
By meanbaby, shot with Canon PowerShot S400 at 2009-01-29

-pete
Back to top Go down
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

question on blades Empty
PostSubject: blades   question on blades I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:47 pm

flyaway thanx ill do some measuring and think it over orange78
Back to top Go down
tntrcnutz

tntrcnutz

question on blades Empty
PostSubject: real carbon blades   question on blades I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:48 pm

where can i find real carbon blades for my king 2 and not these foam core printed ones
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

question on blades Empty
PostSubject: Re: question on blades   question on blades I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question on blades
Page 1 of 1