RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rennis

Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem? Empty
PostSubject: Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem?   Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:47 am

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the hobby and have started playing with Realflight. I'm not able to join any flight clubs at this time, so my interaction with other flyers is limited to the internet.

I've been doing all the exercises I've seen on the web and am getting better with orientation, etc.

I do find however, when I switch to a collective pitch heli, and work on hovering, I always seem to over compensate for the last movement.

I use the pinch method for holding my throttle and using the pulse method for my cyclic stick, with my thumb.

I'm using the Interlink controller that came with Realflight, as I don't have a cable for my Futaba 7 CAP.

I think that being able to set end point and some of the other settings I've read about, would help a lot (especially starting out), to keep better control of the vehicle.

Has anyone else learned using the Interlink controller and Realflight, then migrated to a real heli and a real TX??

Has this worked for you??
Was it an easy transition??
Did you find you got this pendulum effect with the Interlink, but not with a real TX??

Anyone else have some suggestions, thoughts, ideas??

Thanks,

Matt
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem?   Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:52 am

I started out using realflight. I used it for about a year before I got my first heli.
In fact I went from realflight straight to a 6ch heli. the EXI450.

I just recently started hooking up my DX6I into the realflight controller and use
my own to fly. It really helps to use both a sim and a real heli.

I recommend anyone start by using the sim even before you buy a heli.

You do need to learn how to modify the heli's on realflight so you can set them
up the way you like.

Start by changing paddle weights and flybar length.

A longer flybar or heavy paddles will stabalize the heli better for learning. Try
a shorter flybar and heavy paddles or the opposite.

I can fly a heli pretty good and I owe a lot of it to the sim. My first flight was my
only flight with training gear on. The transition from sim to heli is really good if you
spend about 20min aday on the sim and fly helis that are setup good.
Back to top Go down
Rennis

PostSubject: Re: Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem?   Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:02 pm

suriano wrote:
I started out using realflight. I used it for about a year before I got my first heli.
In fact I went from realflight straight to a 6ch heli. the EXI450.

I just recently started hooking up my DX6I into the realflight controller and use
my own to fly. It really helps to use both a sim and a real heli.

I recommend anyone start by using the sim even before you buy a heli.

You do need to learn how to modify the heli's on realflight so you can set them
up the way you like.

Start by changing paddle weights and flybar length.

A longer flybar or heavy paddles will stabalize the heli better for learning. Try
a shorter flybar and heavy paddles or the opposite.

I can fly a heli pretty good and I owe a lot of it to the sim. My first flight was my
only flight with training gear on. The transition from sim to heli is really good if you
spend about 20min aday on the sim and fly helis that are setup good.

Kewl, so the best thing to do is to modify the heli, and not the controls??
I'm in the process of building my 450...I doubt I'll have it done before winter hits...so it'll give me some time to prctice with the sim before a real flight...

Thanks for the input...

Matt
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem?   Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 pm

No problem.... I know realflight pretty good. let me know if need some info on
changing stuff. Also I can send you some helis that I have setup and you can put in
your sim.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem?   Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:35 pm

I spent about a month with AeroFly Pro Deluxe before actually trying to fly, funny thing is that I was using this controller to practice on the sim until I got my HBFP. Transitioning to the real thing isn't too hard, but its really cool when you have one of those "AHH HA" moments when the sim training really kicks in while learning to fly. orange71

Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem? 00000111499-LogitechRumblepad2vibrationfeedbackgamepad-large-268x254
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem?   Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pendulum Effect - Over Compensation Problem?
Page 1 of 1