RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

replacing servos

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eltoffer

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:27 pm

Well until a month of hover i have my first crash :S it was very heavy i was turning to left but rarely the heli kept spining and then... crash i coldnt control it

well my replacing parts

*tail boom
*feathering shaft
*main shaft
*1 blade holder
*and i think a servo

so i ask you to recommend a good quality servos, thanks
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:07 pm

You can just replace esky servo gears. But if you want other brand servos you will need to replace all 3 servos in the head. I know that hitec and tower pro sg90 servos are good. But don't remember hitec servo model. orange44
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:09 pm

well if i have to buy i would like to get a little upgrade the servos, thats why i asked but i didnt think on replacing only the internal gears, but where to find them????

do you mean HTX900??? are these better than esky ones?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:22 pm

Towerpro sg90 and hextronic HTX900 are the same servos under different brands (I think).
And here are the gears
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:01 pm

I understand Hitek servos are good, but don't get them if you are using the stock Tx. They operate in reverse of the Esky and SG90's and you can't reverse them with the stock Tx.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:10 pm

:S so what the best choice i have?????? i have the stock TX but it has 4 trims

ail
ele
thr
rud

all has the option to put on normal or reverse, is it helpful?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:49 pm

you'd be better off getting the Tower Pro/ HXT 9g servos (the blue ones) the work fine in the belt CP but you will have do some minor trimming to get them to fit
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:51 pm

thanks marc but what about the direction of the servo, im using the stock TX
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:10 pm

The SG90 servos will work fine with the stock Tx.

You can't use the Hitek servos because the operate reverse of the Esky stock and SG90 servos, and the only way to reverse them is with swash mix, which you don't have with the stock Tx.

You will be fine with the SG90's though. That is what I use on mine, and I like them fine.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:12 pm

thanks man, where did you buy it?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 10:19 pm

I think I got them from Heli Direct. Look there and also Slick Zero, X-Heli and KA Planes. One of those places should have them. Those are about the only places I buy parts from. Mostly I use Heli Direct and X-Heli.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

EDIT: Yep, Heli Direct has em, $8.99 ea. Just click on servos--click Tower Pro

Super fast shipping too orange74
Back to top Go down
eltoffer

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:38 am

ok bro i have purchased 4 :P thanks

look my missing servo, why is it doing that

Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 3:33 am

If you're thinking of getting the tower 9g sg90, get it at xheli.com they're selling it at 5 bucks each. I would recommend getiing a very good servo for the tail. If you have a good gyro, get a digital and metal servo. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

replacing servos Empty
PostSubject: Re: replacing servos   replacing servos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

replacing servos
Page 1 of 1