RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Main gear bearing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
digital6717

Main gear bearing Empty
PostSubject: Main gear bearing   Main gear bearing I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:05 am

hey guys,
Well I recieved all my parts today, thank you helidirect. but theres a problem. in ordering my main gear set i thought i was ordering one with the one way bearing already installed, like nuttcaze's video siad. well i didn't and now know why he said to do so. i can't get it out of the old one and don't want to be too rough. any tips on how to remove it and place it in the new gear? thanks bob.
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

Main gear bearing Empty
PostSubject: This forum thread may help   Main gear bearing I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 5:21 am

A recent forum thread that covers what you are having trouble with.

https://myrcguidesforum.forumotion.net/general-rc-questions-f6/esky-belt-cp-v2-help-with-one-way-bearing-t722.htm

Not an uncommon problem, good luck!

orange74
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Main gear bearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main gear bearing   Main gear bearing I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:32 pm

I broke way too many gears and ruined too many one way bearings trying to replace that stupid bearing, no matter what I do not feel its worth the trouble to mess with trying to swap the bearing over, some people can do it real easy but most cannot, myself included, so that is why I only recommend people buy the gears with the bearings installed.

orange71
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Main gear bearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main gear bearing   Main gear bearing I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:49 pm

I agree. In fact, I've got one or two main gears without the bearings in that someone can have if they want them.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
digital6717

Main gear bearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main gear bearing   Main gear bearing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:17 am

hey guys yeah i had figured i was going to get those answers. i had went into the "how to's" and saw the same questions with the same replies so i went to my hobby shop and got one with the bearing. but i saw a video with two sockets and a hammer i might try it. orange78 can't hurt. thanks for the info next time ill lokk through the forums before i ask. thanks bob.
Back to top Go down
flagmax

Main gear bearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main gear bearing   Main gear bearing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:59 am

Hi guys. I also had to replace my main gear in Belt CP v2. I got the Blade 400 main gear without the bearing so had to use the bearing from stock gear.

I think this is very important for anyone swapping bearing on Belt CP.

Important, this bearing is like a cone. So you have to pay attention from what side its coming out and how its going back in.

First, to remove the bearing, you must hammer it on the side that does not have the arrow and some writings.

Second, it goes back in same way it came out, do not flip it around. The side you will hammer on this time will have the writings and the arrow on it.

Also make sure you use a little bit of grease or oil on the inside of the gear where the bearing will go in and around the bearing. Also make sure you position the bearing as straight as possible before hammering.

Another thing specifically in regards to Blade400 main gears is that the part that holds the bearing is actually thicker than Esky gears. So I had to sink in the bearing about 1 mm in on the side with the arrow and the writing to have the bearing lip comeout a little bit on the other side. This is so the gear has some clearance between the frame. This is my opinions from own observation and use of digital caliper.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Main gear bearing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main gear bearing   Main gear bearing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main gear bearing
Page 1 of 1