RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBFP V2 Maiden Flight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

HBFP V2 Maiden Flight Empty
PostSubject: HBFP V2 Maiden Flight   HBFP V2 Maiden Flight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:13 pm

:grinn: :giggle: :bigthumb:

Well after waiting long enough a brief window of opportunity lent itself to a maiden flight (very brief, I had to cut it short at around 5 mins as the wind gathered too much pace for my first flight). Plus the defib was running low after each crunch er controlled landing.

I can confirm, she's rather sturdy!!!! :hahaha: She bounces rather well too!!

I can now see why a lot of people put a mat down to fly from aswell, the grass kept on interfering with either the tail blade or snagging a skid.

Couple of queries came out of the flight. noob

1. I needed an awful lot of forward stick to get it to pitch forward if the tail dropped during flight and she started to come towards me, or would I need more power at the same time? I have the C of G where nuts shows it on the video so don't think it is that.

2. The tail motor hunts, never stays at a constant even in straight flight, you can hear the motor speeding up and slowing down very quickly. Any ideas what this would be or is it normal?

All in all a good first maiden flight.

Pitt
(heli back in 1 piece apart from the blades need rebalancing, which is nice and simple)
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 Maiden Flight   HBFP V2 Maiden Flight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:22 pm

1. It shouldn't fly very fast to the back. Maybe something isn't set up properly?
2. Maybe gyro gain is too high? Try to lower it on 4in1 orange78
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 Maiden Flight   HBFP V2 Maiden Flight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:18 pm

Second flight, wind has dropped right off.

Turned the gain down slightly, does seem to have helped so hopefully if I turn it down slightly more I should have that solved.

Still have the problem of if it starts going backwards it litterally takes full forward and hold to get the nose back under control.

So will have to look at the setup before my next flight. When I get it finished I will post a pic of the head assembly hopefully somebody will spot something I have setup wrong, I'm almost flying with the trim fully forward, which would lead me to C o G, but she hangs correctly.

The time I have spent on the sim, really does seem to have paid off. My hovers were not half bad believe it or not.

I have had first smash though, bent flybar and broken outer paddle control frame (broke 1 of the balls off; ouch), which is being replaced now, the flybar I have straightened best I can, will it matter if there are couple of small kinks in it, I can't get it fully straight? Or should I replace that aswell do you reckon?

Pitt
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 Maiden Flight   HBFP V2 Maiden Flight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Put her back together, I was able to straighten the flybar fairly well in the end. Just took a bit of patience (which I do not have in abundance!)

Bit of a long shot but here is a pic of each side, can anybody see anything that would cause me to loose the forward pitch?

Honey Bee V2 head

Honey Bee V2 head
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 Maiden Flight   HBFP V2 Maiden Flight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:48 pm

Pittnuma wrote:
Plus the defib was running low after each crunch er landing.
:hahaha:

Well done on your maiden flight, sounds more controlled than my first flight orange6
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 Maiden Flight   HBFP V2 Maiden Flight I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:07 pm

--==AxeL==-- wrote:
Pittnuma wrote:
Plus the defib was running low after each crunch er landing.
:hahaha:

Well done on your maiden flight, sounds more controlled than my first flight orange6

Thanks, not so sure on controlled!

Now I look at the pic I'm not sure I have levelled the swash plate correctly, I shall look into that, or it could be the 3rd glass of wine is making it look that way!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 Maiden Flight   HBFP V2 Maiden Flight I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:39 am

Swash plate looks OK. Maybe paddles aren't level? orange78
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 Maiden Flight   HBFP V2 Maiden Flight I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:23 am

I re levelled the swash plate, 2 turns on the control link forward and quite right the paddles were not right. Flies a lot better. Thanks, think some of it was the wind still and a lot of it was the PIC.

Still she may fly better but I still managed to break a Ring like push rod, the only spare they did not have in stock when I purchased it! So just found some now, should be here Tuesday, hay ho. The head is quite strong, keeps popping off the bearings rather than breaking, which is good! Wish the training gear would hurry up and arrive!

Pitt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBFP V2 Maiden Flight   HBFP V2 Maiden Flight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HBFP V2 Maiden Flight
Page 1 of 1