RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

ESC Upgrade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
P.K.

ESC Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: ESC Upgrade   ESC Upgrade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:16 pm

Being a greenhorn to the hobby I got a ESKY Dolphin only to realize it's for Zero wind conditions. Then I decided to upgrade to the ESKY Belt CP V2, while doing some pre-tests the ESC started smoking, atomic Ordered the HW Pentium 30 as a replacement as per what was online. Was this the right choice?
Back to top Go down
P.K.

ESC Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC Upgrade   ESC Upgrade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:18 pm

As A Greenhorn I just want to see it in the Air
Thanks
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

ESC Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC Upgrade   ESC Upgrade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi,
Yeah, I think it is pretty good choice :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
P.K.

ESC Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC Upgrade   ESC Upgrade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:38 pm

P3tras wrote:
Hi,
Thanks again
I live in a pretty re-tmote area in Ontario Canada so I'm going to have to train myself in this new interest. And with winter looming in the horizon there is only a few weeks left
sad122
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

ESC Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC Upgrade   ESC Upgrade I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 3:20 pm

P.K. wrote:
P3tras wrote:
Hi,
Thanks again
I live in a pretty re-tmote area in Ontario Canada so I'm going to have to train myself in this new interest. And with winter looming in the horizon there is only a few weeks left
sad122

Hey P.K.

If you allow me to recomend you: Try the sim it comes with the Esky Dauphin, before you make it fly.

The Coaxial and the single rotor heli is a way difference to fly. I told you by experience, I have precisely those you have. The Dauphin took me 3 weeks in the sim to start to fly with the real thing, and the Coaxial took me other 3 weeks to hover it.

The Belt CP is a fantastic machine, but the control is very different, I ordered myself yesterday a Esky Honey Bee FP V2, which is a single rotor heli, and flyes just like the Belt CP, but it has the half of the parts, and according with the guys opinions here in the forum, it is hard to break.

My Belt CP had 2 strikes in my learning process. And it costed me like 200 bucks in repairs. (The heli has been flying just 4 times in its life).

I dont say you leave the Belt CP V2 geting dust, but talking in my own experience, if u can get the HBFP you will save lots in spare parts and eventually you will get enough ability to fly both.

Meanwhile, I humbly recommend you try the flight sim, then look for a indoor place so u can learn to hover the Dauphin, using a training kit. I know you might spent a good amount of money with both helis, but trust me you may spend even more in spare parts for both than buying the HB.

The Honey Bee FP is light and might get moved by the wind. But according with my Dauphin experience and reading the comments and watching the videos, it is more stable than the Dauphin in gusts and low wind.

Once you can fly the HB, you will be able to fly the Belt, and the Belt is A W E S O M E in strong wind gusts... I can say about that. fly high

Just my two cents, with all my respect 2cents

Sorry by the bad english.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ESC Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC Upgrade   ESC Upgrade I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ESC Upgrade
Page 1 of 1