RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

New around these parts...

Go down 
+7
vsbkv
Trinot
keithldick
Nuttcaze
Donnie D
P3tras
Frankie G
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Frankie G

New around these parts... Empty
PostSubject: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:49 pm

Hey everyone. Just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. Name's Frankie G. I'm a musician from Cleveland, Ohio who got bit by the heli bug a couple of years ago. Since my first little 3 channel I've flown a Falcon 40 FP, a Honeybee FP, currently working on a Guru Z fiber frame for my HBFP, and a Blueray 450. I look forward to trading info with you guys and enjoying this site. Peace.....
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:22 pm

welcome sign TO THE FORUM!!!!
Any questions, just ask!!! orange71
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:34 pm

welcome sign

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:11 pm

smiley-signs061 smiley-signs061 smiley-signs046
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Welcome aboard Frankie

I'm also a musician and VideoGame nut....

New around these parts... Eimstl
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:06 pm

I'm an idiot.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Trinot

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:33 pm

Im bad at guitar hero?

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Frankie G

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:24 pm

Wow, thanks for the big welcome fellas! Hey Keithldick....what do you play? I'm a bassist. Here is a link to my myspace page. www.myspace/thebassjedi5
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:29 pm

sweet Mustang, still have it?

some reason the link won't work for me but the "www" tab under your post worked
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:12 pm

Here's a link to our last CD... MultiView

I'm also a Bass player and I play guitar, a little keys and Ukulele... :)
Back to top Go down
Frankie G

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Keithldick, the last 3 plays on City of Angles are from me. My favorite so far. It ROCKS!!! Except for a couple songs on my player, the rest is just me on the bass. I played the bass lines, rthym lines, and all the leads on my bass. I also play upright bass and cello.

Hey Nuttcaze, thanks for the compliment. Yes, I still have the Mustang although it has undergone some changes since those photos. Mostly under the hood. It now has a 95 Cobra GT engine bored and stroked to 347cid. Complete roller valve train and Edelbrock Street Fighter top end package. Billet Mallory Dizzy with a Pertronix Ignitor II ignition and Flame Thrower coil. Another change is it now has a Tremec T-5, 5 speed trans with a few upgrades and custom cross member fabbed and welded by me. Behind that is a 9\" Ford truck rear end with Detroit set up and 3.73 gears. A few more things here and there. I love driving that car although I\'m not afraid to say it makes me nervous. This car SCREAMS and can get away from you easy!!! I do like driving it though. It has the electric fan and sensor off of a new one so when I shut it off the fan will continue to run and that kinda freaks people out a little once they realize the car is old.

Last edited by Frankie G on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:24 pm

Thanks Frankie.... Sent ya a friend request also... :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
vsbkv

vsbkv

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:00 am

('welcome sign')
Frankie G Welcome. I also play, guitar,some base, violin and banjo. I'm mostly into Blue Grass but in my younger years it was Rock and Roll. (':bigthumb:') Rock On
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:06 am

vsbkv I also got a cheap 5-String Banjo a friend gave me many years ago but I never learned to play it... I got the chord charts I just need to find the time to do it... hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Frankie G

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:17 am

Man this is too Cool! Didn't realize there would be so many musicians into the hobby. The guys in my band pretty much mess with me about it!!! How 'bout this one? Next year when Nuttcaze puts an event together we get some guys together and have some live music at the event? Got about 5000 watts of a P.A. I could bring.
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:31 am

welcome sign Frankie G!
It's nice to find another pilot close to me (well at least within 30 miles or so). We need to get more from Ohio on here soon, for I fear we are being over-run by folks from Jersey and Europe!
:giggle: (New Jersey is a foreign country, no? JK FD!)

Anyhow, welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Frankie G

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:41 am

Hey Jackyl71. Lots of nice realty to fly where you are at! I do get pretty close to you, at least in Elyria. I've played at Stubby's (by the college), the Train Station, Cabana's (now known as Corn's Place), and Mutt and Jeff's. Probably a couple more that I'm not remembering right now. Oh yeah, the Laporte Inn is another one. We'll have to get together some time.
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Nice! I have been to Train Station and Mutt & Jeff's, and used to go out to Laporte Inn with friends quite a bit. Just throw out a PM the next time you might be in the area!

As for the real estate out our way, it is pretty nice. Lots of good, wide open field space as well as a few big parks that are virtually unihabitted. Now if we could only get the WIND to die down a little!
:bigthumb:

BTW - Threw out a MySpace request...
Back to top Go down
Frankie G

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:39 pm

jackyl71 wrote:
Nice! I have been to Train Station and Mutt & Jeff's, and used to go out to Laporte Inn with friends quite a bit. Just throw out a PM the next time you might be in the area!

As for the real estate out our way, it is pretty nice. Lots of good, wide open field space as well as a few big parks that are virtually unihabitted. Now if we could only get the WIND to die down a little!
No kidding...the past couple of days have been brutal! Making me wish I would have finished my Guru Z build already. Hovering the Blueray 450 in the living isn't the most comfortable idea I've ever had!!! Crazysmile I wanted to go to the Cleveland Air Show this year but the last day was kinda crappy so I decided to have my own air show and hovered in the living room!! That heli instantly fills this place up with rotor wash!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: SJ   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:43 pm

Be careful now !!!! Thats SOUTH JERSEY!!!!
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:47 pm

@ FD:South Jersey is the foreign country? Gotcha... (LOL)
Actually I used to work for Garden State Fireworks out of Millington, so it's all good! atomic

@ Frankie G:
I understand exactly. I have SO wanted to spin up my Belt CP v2 in the living room this week with the rainy, windy weather outside. But then I look at the (somewhat fragile) $2500 television and decide it's not such a good idea.

It's days like this I really wish I had a garage or a pole building, or SOMETHING! angry032
Back to top Go down
sdjb

sdjb

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:36 pm

Welcome FrankieG, Whats a guitar is it a new Heli thats out? HeHeHe

sdjb
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:22 pm

keithldick wrote:
I'm also a Bass player and I play guitar, a little keys and Ukulele... :)

Ukulele....Did I hear UKULELE!.........Any ties to Hawaii? I got tons of Hawaiian Music for the Uks. You want some?

Aloha,
<'///<
Back to top Go down
keithldick

keithldick

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:26 pm

Any ties to Hawaii?

Nope none... I had a neighbour growing up and his Dad would come over every year and play Uk for his Granddaughters Birthday... He had a great old Gibson UK and I mean old, so I thought what the hell I want one so I got a cheap one $15 and a chord book and learned a few songs on it...

My next thing is to learn that 5-String Banjo I got just for the fun of trying....
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:58 pm

keithldick wrote:
I thought what the hell I want one so I got a cheap one $15 and a chord book and learned a few songs on it...

COOL!!! :bigthumb:

Most Uks cost around $1000.00 for a good brand like Kamaka or Martin.

The most popular song played on the Ukulele is probably SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW by Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole....it was featured in a few movies recently.

Checkout this site: Tropical Storm Hawaii
and click on Hawaiian Mele...which means "songs"

You could find the songs on limewire or itunes to hear what it sounds like.

Have Fun!

:chickendance:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New around these parts...   New around these parts... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New around these parts...
Page 1 of 1