RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

General Chat ...

Go down 
+4
Donnie D
suriano
Fatdaddy
WhiteKnite6
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
suriano

suriano

General Chat ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:26 am

Are you sure? Because the 550 is the 620 only a few parts are needed to transform
the two. The price difference is only hundred or so. I was even wondering which
is cheaper, to get the 550 and the upgrades or just the 620. If I go 620 my blades
wont work so thats an added expence. I was also going to use the esmart motor.
So I was thinking the esmart motor would perform better with the 550 but I dont
really know for sure.

Anyway the 550E raptor has all standard parts that have been around and proven
for a long time. Its also my favorite heli on the sim. It flys good! On the sim anyway.
I doubt it will be the same experience I have had with the esmart. That heli just
doesnt want to fly for me.

I cant find a better next heli. I dont really want to go Align trex. I think Thunder
Tigers Raptor series are great helicopters.....
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Hell No!!   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:47 am

Hell No!! I don't know anything about it..What are you thinkin??Listening to me!!??LOLOL!!!It just seems to me that when they come out with something that is just a little bit bigger it usally means the end for the smaller one!! But I have not heard anything about it!!
I agree totally with you that the Raptor is one bad censored machine!! I've been drooling over the Raptor 90 SE!!!! That thing is awesome!!!! However since I've started looking around for the direction I will go after the ESmart, I have decided that I will be going to the OUTRAGE line!!! Yes I would like to someday have both a 550 and the new Voloicity50!!! Both IMO are totally killer awesome!!!!! The heads are so adjustable I'm amazed everytime I look them over!!!! Having the G5 also hepled push me it that direction... It is so far advanced over ANY of the other heli's I have or even seen!! Sorry but I must say(IMO) that even the killer Raptors do not compare to the design of the OUTRAGES!!!!

Anyway sorry to sound like I knew what I was talking about.... And for being so long winded here!!!!
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:10 am

Yes, the 620 does look VERY nice on Finless Bob's vids ...

... just sayin'.

As for me, I'm still going to be in the ESmart camp, even after the new one's come out.

Then, when I'm ready, it'll be the TT E620, and then ...

the Aurora E90.

But for now? My new build starts today.

Mick
PS Bidding on the DS821 servos, Fat Daddy. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: real flight   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 12:12 pm

Surry;

I'm looking for the Real Flight (G4) Thunder Tiger Raptor .rtx file.

I checked on the swap page at real flight (they changed the site, so it took me a minute to find it), but all I see are old raptors from G3.

And they're all gas\nitros (.30's and .50's).

Could you send me your .rtx file?

Pretty please.

And if you have the E620, lemme know. I'll do the same for the others here.

Someone should make an ESmart, no?

Oh, and thank you gentleman, for all your comments yesterday.

Take Care For Now;

Mick
PS I ordered a 3rd Delrin Main Gear, and used the opportunity to pester microheli about the feathering shafts and main shafts. Encourage y'all to do the same.

Last edited by WhiteKnite6 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 12:15 pm

after the shafts are made, their next project is a new swashplate and hopefully some new skids (trying to get a CNC tail or at least the pitch slider made). But I'm not sending them anymore of my parts until the shafts are released. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:09 pm

I like the generall chat thread....

Mick, I have G3.5 and I only have gas raptors too. I dont know if I have anything you
would want if your system is newer. We could swap custom heli's I think. I dont know
if G4 files will work??

Are yoiu using your DX6I with the realflight? I do and it is awesome... If you want
setup instructions here it is.

Guys I have decided on the TT 620E over the 550. Its a better bargain overall. If Nuttcaze
gets his new site going I will do a build thread. That might be cool.

Marc, what is up with the forum? You are going to have a new forum and this one right?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: forum   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Dude, The site is up and running...http://myrcguide.com/index.php.... I think you can get there here...
I think that is the right choice, It is an awesome ship!!!!
I think I'm loosing my "E" motor.. the can is gettin loose and there is a click sorta sound when you try to spin it.. makes the sound just as any force is put on the can or the pinion.. Might just be time for a scorpion!!!! Or because I'm heli broke ritght now, I'll use one of the other "E" motors I have.....
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:15 pm

When I took the esmart motor apart I noticed the magnets on the outer can hit
the inner pieces when the bearings go. New bearings help a lot...

FD, just get new bearings! They are cheap and your motor will be like brand new!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 1:58 pm

suriano wrote:
I like the generall chat thread....

Guys I have decided on the TT 620E over the 550. Its a better bargain overall. If Nuttcaze
gets his new site going I will do a build thread. That might be cool.

Marc, what is up with the forum? You are going to have a new forum and this one right?

yep new site is going, www.myrcguide.com , I am still waiting on my new theme to be finished Once it is I will be trying to use that as my main forum but I will always have this one too (well as long as I can). Because this one is hosted for free there are limitations to it and with the growth of the forum, we might hit those limitations someday. With the new forum I won't ever have to worry about that.

orange68
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: New Build likely   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:48 pm

orange5

Here's what I ordered for main blades:

Mavrikk PRO 550mm Wide Chord G5 1 $69.99

The last ones were G4's, and were only 49.99. Had no complaints either. They were perfectly balanced out of the box, and made my heli look and sound like a champ.

The spindles were perfectly sized and so was the 12mm thickness of the blade grip.

But, these new ones are going on the CF edition. I'll have better servo's too (FatDaddy, no luck with the bidding yet on the DS821's. I'm still trying, but I may go with the Bluebirds and get a new batt with the order to save on int'l shipping), although I'm going to steal the 6100T from the ALL METAL, and replace it later with something else, if I repair that one.

I wanted some aluminum tail booms, too, but bphobbies and helidirect are out. I'll take CARBON FIBER, too.

Later, Boyz!

PS I can't seem to get the new site to work well. It keeps hanging, and only transitioning through its pages sporadically. Still a work in progress I guess.

Mick orange45
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Blue Birds!!   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Hey Mick, Go to the RCHeli Mag. site and hunt up the past issues with the "E" or "G" I'm not sure which it was ,but on one of them they used the BB servos and didn't like them at all and took them off right away.... I don't recall what the problem was but I remember there was something.. Maybe these are new/diff. somehow but it is worth lookin in to before you buy!!!!
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Fatdaddy ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Yes, I do remember that ...

I'll have to check out which ones they were. There are bluebirds within a wide range of price, between $17.95 and over $83.95. Though I think the really pricey ones are high torque HUGE ones.

Keep in mind, those are CHINA prices!

If you're interested, here's a link to look at them, and what others have said:

Blue Bird Servos

Here's the link to the E-Smart FLIGHT CHECK article to which you referred:

E-Smart Flight Check

Here's what it said about the servos:

The helicopter was built with Blue Bird BMS-621MG servos on the swash, and this is how initial flights were flown. These servos offer great torque, but they did not all operate identically through the range of travel. The centering ability was very poor, and the flight performance reflected the servo choice. I decided to swap out the servos for some entry level digital servos (Spektrum DS821) that we had on hand for the flight testing. These servos produced a feel in flight that was infinitely more precise and locked in than the ones I had first tried. As I worked into flight testing, I soon realized that without the flybar weights, the model responded very aggressively to minimal inputs. I ended up reducing my swash travel to 35 (I was able to get 50 without binding). The wood blades that came with the kit flew okay, but the performance dramatically improved and vibration was reduced when I threw on a set of 550mm Thunder Tiger carbon blades. All flight testing scores are based on how the model flew with the replacement servos and carbon blades.

Take Care For Now;

Mick flyaway
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:19 pm

Bummer you didnt mention the G5 wide chords I would have sold you mine. I also
hope you like them better than I did. I only flew for about 3 min. and did some hovering
for another 8 min. but I didnt think they were as smooth as my last blades. The wide chord
exagerates the controls makes it more manuverable(?) and twitchy at the same time. Basically
they were too 3D for me. I am getting the Pro G5's for the raptor no wide chord though.

Mick, Have you considered just using the servo setup Nuttcaze is using? Cheap and sounds like
it has worked for him for a long time....
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: The "E"   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:21 pm

You know what I find funny,, Even with a review like this the "E" has never caught on.. They love this thing!!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:23 pm

You know what I find funny? Even with reviews like that I still hate my Esmart.
Its mutual though........
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: blades and other   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:24 pm

Yo Sur, How much you want for the G5's?? what other stuff you gonna sell off?? I'd be interested in taking it off your hands if the price is right!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:31 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
Yo Sur, How much you want for the G5's?? what other stuff you gonna sell off?? I'd be interested in taking it off your hands if the price is right!!

I havent decided what to do with the esmart and all the parts I have. I did send a
one-way bearing to Marc but other than that I was going to sit on it for now.

For the G5 wide chords I was thinking I would sell them if the price is right. They
are very very new. Not even a bug splatter. I dont know about selling them....YET.
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Marc's Servos   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:40 pm

Surry;

I have considered Marc's setup. But my tail servo is digital. From what I understand, it is a 'no! no!' to mix and match.

Is this not true?

Also, you hate your heli because it has never flown the way it is supposed to. The reviewer's, and, as far as I can say, mine, flew just like the doctor ordered.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the CF version flies.

I don't know what is wrong with yours. Intermittent problems are the most difficult to diagnose.

I must say, though, after reading about all those troubles you were having, I was a little reticent and concerned about mine before it went up.

Once it did, it was just BEE EEE AYE Yooody FULL. Looked like a boat on water, not a noob's hovering heli.

:bigthumb:

I was relieved, of course, but I'm still puzzled. Stress fracture in a key part, maybe? The frame screwed together off center. Head Speed set at the exact point that creates an oscillation wave?

Weird. I'd send you a fresh kit, but you might send me a fish in a flower box!

Heh ...

Mick
PS Are you guys having trouble with the new site still?
PPS There's a nice TT Raptor 550E up for auction. Don't think I can buy it, but the reserve isn't met, and the bidding is only up to $100. That was my bid.

Might be worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: servos   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:52 pm

The no-no with servos is with the cyclic.. You would be ok with the tail different than the cyclic. The carbon "E" flys very nicely!!!! I wish I'd build the metal exactly the same as my CFPro but it is not.. The CF flys better but I'm pretty sure it is because of the servos.. The frame is very stiff and I'm sure that helps.. I'm not good enough yet to feel the diff.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:54 pm

Well you cant mix digital and anolog for the cyclic servos but you can use all analog for
cyclic and digital for rudder.

I have been checking out that raptor on eBay but I really am set on the 620E. It is an electric
50 Titan basically.

And the new site works for me just fine so far.
Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:48 am

ya man i also want a 620e i was watchin a few youtube videos and its a sick looking heli
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 12:58 am

e620 is at the top of my list, now, too.

But that's great news about analog servos being able to work on the cyclic even with a digital tail servo.

If I'd known that, I'd have gotten them in the first place. Eventually I'll probably replace them on the the CF edition with nice digitals, and move these HiTech's over to the rebuilt ALL METAL.

I ordered them from Hobby Horse.

Thanks for the info, fellas.

Mick flyaway
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Good Deal ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:22 pm

To anyone who'd like to try a nice gyro/tail combo ...

Fatdaddy, I mean you in particular: Here's the best price ever on a new Logictec 6100T/6100G gyro/tail servo combo.

Here's the link: Hurry, sale ends on the 18th!

Y'all take care now!

Mick noob
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OH MY GOD!!!!   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 1:35 pm

WOW DUDE I'm dieing here!!!!! I want one of these soooo badly!!! But I've got the ESKY 900 and the OS.18 HotRod motor for my "G" plus a couple sets of CF blades and a few other minor parts on the way as we speak!!!! They should be here TODAY!!!! SOOOOO I had to make a payment arraingement with my buddy for that stuff as it is and I'm really tapped right now!!!! I also really want to pick up one of those new Blade mSR's!! Its a ultra micro(7.5inch rotor dia.) fixed pitch sweetheart so I can fly all winter..It comes in BNF so I can use my DX7 too..
So for now the "G" is first in line....I had a minor mishap with it two weeks ago and it needs some of the usual replacement parts and the install of the motor, then break inn and try to get some air time with it..I'm really excited!! This new motor is goin on 3 freakin Horse power!!!!! From a .18!!!!
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Can't buy everything!   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Fatdaddy;

I can sympathize. I want another one of these to set up BOTH my SMarties. But if I miss this sale, it'll still be just $20 more.

The last one I bought was used, for $160. I wanted to try the SPARTAN (though I have NO complaints about the Logictec!) for the CF build, but I can't find a good deal on it.

People want to sell them for the same price as I can find them new, around $170 with no servo. Too rich for my blood!

However, Surry, if you're reading this, I did step up to the plate and buy a Castle Creations Phoenix 80, which I found on e-bay for under $100 incl. shipping.

Also, I got a Castle Creations 10 amp BEC, just to be sure! That was $20.

I was heartbroken last week when bidding on an 85HV that went for $60, barely edging out my bid for $56. Can't believe the guy let it go for that. Of course, the bidding may have kept going, but I would've tried my "last second" bidding method, which works every time, so far (wait until 15 seconds is showing on the auction time, and click, submit, and presto, no NEW bidders will make it). :clap:

Only reason I missed out, was that I snoozed and lost!Crazysmile

Right now I have five helis in need of building or repair/setup. Nothing to fly but my baby co-axial, with the worn out battery.

Soon I'll be heli rich, however!

Anyway, are we moving over to Marc's new site, yet?

I started a thread like this there, but only Marc posted so far. Drop me a line to let me know you're all alive and well, and will know where to go when all Marc's hard work is done on his new site.

Thanks, Marc! (Good News on the feathering shafts, right Surry? I'm sure I need one, too.)

Mick

noob
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: YEA   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:53 pm

Yea I'm really sad I can't jump on one now..But your right about the Grand Hobbies price.. I've been jumping back and forth between sites already.. I love EBAY and am really good at sniping guys and gettin booty!!!!!! My box just arrived and now I get to open it.. I feel like it is xmas morning!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:51 pm

Hey Mick, You said you click at 15 seconds left..... I click with 4 seconds left and I
have stolen some sweet stuff from people on ebay......

That TT E620 that was on eBay last week.....The guy said the reserve was $350 +
$24 shipping. Good deal that I had to pass up....Nobody bought it either.......
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: EBAY   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 9:07 pm

Yup me too, I click between 2 & $ sec. and always win!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat ...   General Chat ... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Chat ...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2