RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Fiber Frame for HBFP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheSmeez

Fiber Frame for HBFP Empty
PostSubject: Fiber Frame for HBFP   Fiber Frame for HBFP I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 3:19 pm

What up everyone its the smeez, thought I would put some food for thought out there and get everyones input on something I've got goin on. I received my Neon Class fiber frame last week mailboxhappy . Transferred everything over, trimmed and started flying. I couldn't be happier with the design and sturdiness and also the much more stable flight. The only issue I have, it definitely added some weight and my flights are a lot shorter with much less power. What do you guys think? I bought some wooden blades with pitch and they definitely help, but I still clip the occasional object with a rotor flying around in the cluttered backyard so I reserve those for the field and park trips. Could I just upgrade the battery and get more time and power out of it? Or would I need some more extensive upgrades... I'm planning on staying in the hobby for a while and eventually getting a 6-channel, so I'm a little conflicted whether to just take the honeybee for what it is and save for a Belt -CP when I'm ready, or turn this thing into a bad little bird, brushless motor, belt driven tail, HH gyro, etc. Any advice from people who have gone through it before would be greatly appreciated!! Take it easy everyone and let me know what you's guys think think004
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Fiber Frame for HBFP   Fiber Frame for HBFP I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 5:14 pm

save for the Belt CP, it'll take you longer to learn if you get hung up modding the HBFP
Back to top Go down
TheSmeez

PostSubject: Re: Fiber Frame for HBFP   Fiber Frame for HBFP I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:06 pm

whats up Marc, your youtube videos really helped me get started. I appreciate the advice, I'm still working on side-in, probably be some time before I'm flying controlled circuits. I'm almost thinking about going back to the stock frame just for longer flights, I was getting somewhere around 12 minute flights but now its probably closer to 5-7, thats the Li-po. Any advice on extending the flight time?
Back to top Go down
kodak_jack

kodak_jack

PostSubject: Re: Fiber Frame for HBFP   Fiber Frame for HBFP I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 10:44 am

What motor are you using? The typical upgrade would be a Slo-Max motor and a direct drive tail. Unfortunately, Team Orion has discontinued the Slo-Max censored , so, a suitable substitute has to be found. One suggestion might be the CP Pro motor with replaceable brushes. I would be VERY leery of the Xtreme 380 motor. There are too many reports of fried 4-in-1's, and you know that's $45!!! That being said, protect your 4-in-1 by using a fuse or thermal protection device on the hot side of the motor. Make sure you don't have a problem with too much gear mesh.
Back to top Go down
TheSmeez

PostSubject: Re: Fiber Frame for HBFP   Fiber Frame for HBFP I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 5:02 pm

Stock Motors, I'll check the gear, I could have meshed it too tight when I switched the parts over, thanks for the advice on the upgrades, I'll look into the motors. Yea I really don't want to have to replace a 4-in-1 considering I picked this thing up on sale for 66 bucks so thats almost what I paid to start with!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Fiber Frame for HBFP   Fiber Frame for HBFP I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 2:41 am

you could try getting a higher mAh battery, also using an 11.1v battery will help but it can make your 4in1 start acting funny. I used an 11.1v lipo with mine for months but then one day it would not fly properly on anything other then a 7.4v lipo ?????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiber Frame for HBFP   Fiber Frame for HBFP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fiber Frame for HBFP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: