RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Newbie - honey bee FP help

Go down 
+10
meanbaby
flagmax
kenrch
Fatdaddy
SergeyK
Donnie D
tntrcnutz
pinguin6218
Nuttcaze
achase4u
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kenrch

Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 11:40 pm

Well some good news...I think? orange74
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 2:12 am

First lets see if the receiver is getting the signal from transmitter.

1. Unplug the 2 motor plugs and 2 servo plugs (REMEMBER how they plug back in)

2. Turn transmitter ON.

3. Plug in the battery.

After about 10 seconds you should see solid Green light on the receicer. Now turn left stick Trottle to the max then down, the light should turn red then green.

Next, plug any tail motor plug see if it spins when you give trottle.

Do same for main motor. Hold the heli down.

Now plug one servo in and play with right stiick. See if it moves. Now plug the same servo in the other place. If no movement repeat with the second servo. Servos plug in with black wire towards the edge.
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:24 am

OK:

The light turned solid green. The throttle had NO effect at all...the GREEN light never even blinked.

The tail motor had nothing neither did the main motor...except when I plugged the main motor in it spun for a second then stopped.

The top servo plug on the 4-1 is DEAD! Both servos will move if plugged into the bottom plug.
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:09 pm

remove the casing, and look for any burt stuff?
smell burnt?

hmm........is the internal stuff chips removable, if so can u push it in some?

just some thoughts

-noisybaby
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:56 pm

Right after it happened and I found out nothing worked I removed the cover of the 4-1...looking for something that might have been knocked loose.. but I didn't see anything. Stuck my nose in there and I THINK there was a very slight odor...but didn't see anything burnt. I might take the 4-1 completely apart and take a GOOD look. What do Ya think? Nothing to loose at this point....right?

BTW thanks for your thoughts...everything helps,

Ken
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:02 pm

Give it a try, but it sure looks like the 4 in 1 is toast.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:09 pm

Sorry to say it but every thing points to fried 4 in 1. Once you remove the 4 really small long screws you can pull the 2 boards apart. They simply unplug.

On the board that have the battery plug attached, look for 2 chips with 8 legs each. They are next to each other. One or both should look like they are burned up.. Might see a hole or grey looking dust.

So you need a new 4 in 1.. I read somewhere that you could replace these chips and a diode to fix it but it not an easy thing.
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:20 pm

No I'm not even going to try that. I don't have a small enough soldering iron. Has anyone herd of "Virtual Hobby" they will send me a 4-1 delivered to my house for 38 bucks. Thanks everyone for giving it a try!

Ken
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 10:39 pm

havent heard of that place.......

but, if you need to get new 4 in 1

why not go full seperates?

will fly better imo

-pete
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:43 pm

Don't know what you are talking about Pete lol! I'd much rather 2.4 GHz if that's what you mean. javascript:emoticonp('orange69')
But it's not over til the fat lady sings...it seems. Took the 4-1 apart and pushed on the crystal and everything started working...seems that the crystal plug might be loose...but I can't see where. Thing is even with the throttle and trim all the way down it still runs a little. But the throttle IS working when increased..then decreased...just doesn't shut down all the way. The tail motor runs but not as constant as the main. The top servo plug works now..but of course only as long as I'm pushing on the crystal. Do crystals go bad or get weak?

orange78 I think I got a lemon! Well only thing to do is fix it! I think I'll try just heating up the solder on the crystal plug...only thing is I don't have or can't find the small fitting for my soldering iron.

What do ya think? Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Ken
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 11:52 pm

I think that would cost a lot more plus time to set it all up. Cheapest gyro alone would cost more than 4 in 1. Then you have get the mixer.... Not sure if its worth it on Honey Bee FP with motored tail.

I can't say anything about the company but that's a good price for a new 4 in 1.
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:14 am

Right that's why I bought the E-Sky...But so far I'm not sure that was a good Idea. :(

Never did get the bird to hover! :(
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:56 am

I agree, sounds like you may have what is known as a cold solder joint. Ppart soldered was moved slightly before solder set up. Try reheating the joint. And yes, crystals can go bad.

You may be able to improvise a smaller iron tip by wrapping a piece of small gauge wire around your soldering iron tip.

I would not think the 4 in 1 is fried if you have been able to get it to work at all. Hopefully that is good news.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:32 am

I'll have to hunt for those tips or buy a new Iron...looks like I'll need one. I've got crystals on the way....from china! :( So PATIENCE...which is what I have never had a lot of....I want to play NOW...with my new toy. LOL!

Ken
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:39 pm

Heated everything up...but nothing doing...same thing. I noticed that if I just touched one of the post of the crystal plug with a screwdriver the motor would kick on...thing is even with the throttle down. Well I decided it might be the antenna....touch the post with metal and it did something. So I cut the antenna wire back some and soldered the antenna back....BUT no dice same O same O. I'm going to wait for those crystals and see what they do.

Well has anyone sneak a peek at the E-Flite mSR? Just the Heli I need right now...single rotor will give me some experience and if it's anything like the mcx it will be practically indestructible it's so light that when you crash it's like a leaf falling to the ground. They say it can handle 5 mph winds! orange78 Don't know about that.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:47 pm

kind of a dumb question, but have you checked to make sure the motrs are plugged into the 4in1 nice and good, sometimes they work themselves loose.

orange78
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:15 am

They haven't had time to work themselves loose rofl

No...they're tight...But thanks.
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

PostSubject: HBFP tail boom   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:26 pm

Is the tail boom suppose to rotate? I don't see any screws to hold them in place. I researched and found a little super glue will hold them in place.

Should I glue it?

<'///<
Back to top Go down
Ryan S

Ryan S

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:40 pm

HITMAN808 wrote:
Is the tail boom suppose to rotate? I don't see any screws to hold them in place. I researched and found a little super glue will hold them in place.

Should I glue it?

<'///<
HBFP tail booms are glued from factory. orange74
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:23 pm

I'm in the crashing stages while trying to learn to hover. LOL My stock skids fall apart whe I crash hard.
1. Should I glue it together? or is it better to leave it as is to help "break" the fall.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:34 pm

Everyone has that problem with the stock skids. I wouldn't glue them though. Maybe a small bit of scotch tape at each joint will keep them from falling completely apart, and still allow you to replace what you break.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 5:41 pm

orange58 orange6 orange72 orange74 orange71

orange5 Got the crystals today and they WORKED! Didn't think it was the crystals but thought I'd give them a try @ $5.68. Wow! What else can I try today...since my luck has changed! orange45

Thanks guys

Ken
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:04 pm

Glad you got it all sorted out. Now, enjoy.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:49 pm

Thanks D, but before I do that I need to order fly bars :)
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Backwards ?   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:38 pm

OK...I don't know what i did OR if it was backwards from the start as i didn't do much of anything before the trouble before.

Anyway on the tx forward is Backwards and backward is forward!! Tried to just scoot on the floor and SURPRISE...SURPRISE. All other functions on the tx seem to be correct. Tried plugging the servos different ways w/same results. According to the manual ( which is backwards itself ) when the right (left in the manual ) stick pushed forward the swash plate should tilt forward and back the plate should tilt backward...well the swash plate does the opposite. Even with the stick pulled back...which should make the heli scoot forward it doesn't...it's like I have no forward at ALL!

Help again...Please orange4

Ken
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:41 pm

There are 4 switches on the bottom right of your Tx. On mine they are set this way.

AILE---up

ELEV---up

THR----down

RUD----up

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:10 pm

orange74 Yep the ELEV was down...I must have hit it or something.

OK I've got to take her outside and give her a burst and see if I can NOT crash...hehehehehe! :)

In this small room she will start to climb then go forward a bit then for some reason starts to go backward....room too small? I think I have her adjusted the best i can get in here.

orange78 Wonder it the tail is still a little heavy? I've got two sockets on the front of the training gear...seemed level!

Thanks D you're a life saver... well a sure cure for a headache anyway! :)

Ken
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:12 pm

Great. Glad I could help.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:42 pm

ken, having the sockets on to balance the heli is funny because i have 3 chevy starter shims zip tied to the front skid vertical rods, they also serve as side suports like what nuttz used the paper clip for in his video, its ugly but it works (i think anyway, cant keep it up very long now just got it......i realy need to find another way that looks better.......
Back to top Go down
kenrch

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 12:18 pm

My sockets don't look so good either....but the heli seems level when i pick it up. This is a completely different bird than the CX2 I had. When she gets up she will go backwards then forwards...in other words ALL OVER THE PLACE....you have to actually PILOT the Heli!! orange1

The program that came with my Honey Bee doesn't want to load in my computer...it's not the computer because I then loaded other programs just to see if it was the computer but it's NOT. Has anyone had similar problems? What do i do to get the program loaded....I'm gonna need it!
orange67

Ken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie - honey bee FP help   Newbie - honey bee FP help - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie - honey bee FP help
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next