RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Has anyone changed the head to trailing control?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
akent

Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone changed the head to trailing control?   Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:03 pm

I was curious if anyone has swapped their ES600 head from leading control to trailing control?
It's really easy to do, too.

I was wondering how that might fly.
Thanks,
Kent

Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? IMG00946
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone changed the head to trailing control?   Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:07 pm

What would be the purpose? Would ther be some kind of improvement?

Donnie D Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? 738623
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone changed the head to trailing control?   Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:13 pm

From what I've read, trailing control is supposed to be smoother.

All of the Trex's are trailing control, but they are a different design.

Humm...
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone changed the head to trailing control?   Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:01 pm

Hey,
I ran my Hurricane 550 head on the esmart that way at first. Then after looking
closer at the owners manual for the hurricane I saw it wasnt supposed to go that way.
So I changed it back to the leading side. To be honest I dont remember a difference.

I do know however that the hurricane 550 head is smoother than the stock esmart
head. The only real issue I had was the lack of overall blade diameter compared
to the esmarts head and the weak feathering shaft.

But to awnser your Q I havnt done it with the stock esmart head and have done it
with a hurricane head on the esmart.

One thing I noticed is less binding at full pitch because the swash is reversed. The
swash has to travel down to increase the pitch and up to get - pitch...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: HEAD!!   Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 9:06 pm

I've actually looked at doin it but decided there was no advantage at all to do so!! Maybe I'm wrong but I see No diff. But you raise a very interesting point and now I will study it and see if I can come up with any PRO/CON (even if I do I still may be wrong)LOL
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone changed the head to trailing control?   Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:17 pm

I think the advantage of it is the fact that when the swashplate moves down it frees
up the linkages and less binding. Scince we all use positive pitch more than negative
pitch, inturn you will get smoother operation. I have thought about doing to the esmart
head because the hurricane head worked very good that way. I hve flown the same
heli with trailing and leading edge grips. The difference isnt stagering but you do
apritiate the smoothness. Anyway since I have done both I would and think I will again,
setup with the trailing grip linkage.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone changed the head to trailing control?   Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:18 pm

In fact I will do it also as I think Akent is. Let ya know if you want............
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone changed the head to trailing control?   Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:25 am

Akent, Did you fly with the trailing edge grip setup yet?
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone changed the head to trailing control?   Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:27 pm

suriano wrote:
Akent, Did you fly with the trailing edge grip setup yet?

Not yet. I'm still trying to sort out a few things with this heli before I try that.
Kent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone changed the head to trailing control?   Has anyone changed the head to trailing control? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone changed the head to trailing control?
Page 1 of 1