RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Bent something or another on Belt CP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Bent something or another on Belt CP Empty
PostSubject: Bent something or another on Belt CP   Bent something or another on Belt CP I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:47 pm

happyno Ok guys, see if you all can help me. I think I may have a bent main shaft. 😕 Here are the symptoms as best I can explain them:

I had a couple of hard landing in last couple of days dunce

Actually the helicopter flys pretty good (heli flys good, I fly like crap) Responds well to all inputs and has good lift

I have a very slight ding on one of the rotor blades.

I know I have a slightly bent feathering shaft (tested the way nutcaze showed in one of his videos-turn one end of feathering shaft with nut driver and look for wobble) when I do this I see a very slight wobble.

After I land and rotor head is spinning down, just before it stops heli will wobble quite a bit sad

Also it looks like the cap on top of the rotorhead is wobbling some when rotor head is sitting on the ground and I'm looking down on it. whatt

I think I read somewhere the best way to check for a bend in the main shaft is to remove it and roll it on a flat surface.

If I need to remove it and replace it could someone give me some info on how to remove and replace it so maybe I won't mess up a bunch of other stuff?

Thank in advance guys smiley-happy088

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Bent something or another on Belt CP   Bent something or another on Belt CP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 7:42 pm

Remove the 3 links going to the swashplate, then remove the screw in the bottom of the main gear, then carefully bend the swahplate guide out of the way so you can slide the entire main shaft up and out of the heli, its easy to remove the rest of the head assembly after that

heres a pic for when you put it back together

Bent something or another on Belt CP BeltCP9
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Bent something or another on Belt CP   Bent something or another on Belt CP I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:14 pm

smiley-happy088 thanks sign Thanks a million nutcaze. I don't know what we would do without you. That looks easier than I thought it would be. salute

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bent something or another on Belt CP   Bent something or another on Belt CP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bent something or another on Belt CP
Page 1 of 1