RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBK2 Issuses

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bighills

bighills

HBK2 Issuses Empty
PostSubject: HBK2 Issuses   HBK2 Issuses I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:28 pm

Have a new HBK2 2.4G and it seems to have a mind of it's own. Lift off the ground a bit and it starts jerking and surging like something is interfering??? It will also start spinning out of control for know reason.
Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

HBK2 Issuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Issuses   HBK2 Issuses I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 5:38 am

Check are crystals making good connection in tx, rx flyaway
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HBK2 Issuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Issuses   HBK2 Issuses I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:22 pm

When I first got my old HBK II, I had issues with the tail not having enough power to stay where I wanted it. I used the 43t pulley upgrade to fix that. Also if you're using the standard rate gyro, try tostart saving for a Head Holding gyro. I've had E_Sky Rate gyros that were bad straight from the box.

But something to check first would be that your tail belt has enough tension. The booms on the HBK II have a bad habit of sliding in and loosening the belt which makes the tail spin araound.
Back to top Go down
bighills

bighills

HBK2 Issuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Issuses   HBK2 Issuses I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:03 pm

Thanks for the ideas. I'll check it out this afternoon. I should have taken video so you can see the heli's bad temper.
Back to top Go down
bighills

bighills

HBK2 Issuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Issuses   HBK2 Issuses I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:26 pm

Checked the belt and it was a little bit lose... tightened that. Then went through and tightened everything up, double checked all electrical connections. Had it up in the air for about 10 seconds and shazaam, the evil twin woke up and started jerking the heli up and down and back to a super spin cycle.
I'm guessing it's the gyro? Could it be the receiver?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HBK2 Issuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Issuses   HBK2 Issuses I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:12 pm

I'm thinking its probably the gyro. Are you sure the tail servo isn't binding anywhere? Also are you still using the stock brushed motor on it?
Back to top Go down
bighills

bighills

HBK2 Issuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Issuses   HBK2 Issuses I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:34 am

I just couldn't wait so I ordered the belt cp V2 and added a new head lock gyro to the order also. Hopefully the gyro fixes the HBK2 problem. Yes I do still have the brushed motor on it, guess I should probably order a new brushless motor and ESC..... Any recomendations??? I think I will video the little monster in action and post it for some laughs before I put the new parts on though.
Can't wait for the new heli........
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HBK2 Issuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Issuses   HBK2 Issuses I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 5:34 am

and when you crash your new Belt CP V2 (or even your HBK II) if the total price to repair them is close to $60, then you should get the EXI 450 Squadron, the kit has been on sale for a few weeks for only $60, I took my electronics off my old HBK II and will be using them for my EXI 450 that I just bought. Blazemob also just got an EXI 450 and we switched all the electronics from the Belt CP V2 over to the EXI 450. Its a MUCH nicer heli and is a T-Rex 450 SE clone so you'll never have to worry about finding parts ever again excited

And if you go to the spare parts page you can find the brushless motor I use in both of mine for only $15 smiley-happy057

I'd also try the motor for your HBK II.

EXI 450 Squadron $60 (on sale right now) - http://www.xheli.com/newbofrexisq.html

HBK2 Issuses 18H71-4

HBK2 Issuses 18H71-5

HBK2 Issuses 18H71-6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HBK2 Issuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Issuses   HBK2 Issuses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HBK2 Issuses
Page 1 of 1