RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

The "E-Smart Experiment"

Go down 
+4
Bert
WhiteKnite6
Donnie D
Nuttcaze
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

The "E-Smart Experiment" Empty
PostSubject: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:35 am

Ok guys, heres the deal, after successfully convincing ESky to restart production of the E-Smart. I have started what I call

The "E-Smart Experiment"

The E-Smart has always been the least know ESky heli, even among other ESky owners. So I'm trying to see how many people we can tell about the E-Smart too, as well as see how many videos we can get posted of the E-Smart in action.

We need to increase awareness of this heli and secure new/more retailers to carry the heli and/or its parts.

So E-mail your favorite ESky retailer and ask them about their plans, if any, for the E-Smart after its re-release at the end of the Year.

E-Mail ESky and tell them to hurry up with production.

SERVICE@TWF-SZ.COM

ORDER@TWF-SZ.COM

Tell EVERYBODY that will listen.
orange71

My experiment will only work with everybody's help.

Thank you for your time orange74

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:32 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:36 am

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:07 pm

The Movement has started orange58

Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:44 pm

E-Smart with a Scale canopy

Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:35 pm

The "E-Smart Experiment" E-SmartneedsYou
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:48 pm

The "E-Smart Experiment" ESkyfansunite

If you have time, e-mail ESky and ask them about the E-Smart, ESky's best heli

SERVICE@TWF-SZ.COM

ORDER@TWF-SZ.COM
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:50 am

I emailed Esky earlier this evening and received a reply a few minutes ago from Mary at Esky assuring me that they are planning to reproduce the E-Smart as well as the G-Smart within the next 6 months.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:18 pm

I emailed Jag Hobbys last night asking if they would be interested in adding E-Smart and parts to their inventory when they become available. I just received an email from them indicating that they were interested and they would see what they could do. Sounds like good news to me. orange71

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:18 am

orange74 Sweet, thats the exact kind of thing thats making my little 'E-Smart Experiment" work, word of mouth, thanks for taking the time to help orange71

The "E-Smart Experiment" Eskyunite
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Check it out, an E-Smart moving the lawn! Crazysmile

Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 4:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:43 pm

Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Jag Hobbies and the E-Smart E-Xperiment ...   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:08 pm

I'd never heard of Jag Hobbies before I read Donnie D's post (now a couple of months old), in which he noted their tentative interest. Marc told him. He told me. I'm asking for one person to email them specifically and post your email here, so we know what's up.

Here's what I wrote, short and sweet:

Jim;

I recently bought the full metal kit of the E-Sky E-Smart, and I am planning on buying many more E-Smarts in the years to come. I was wondering if you could be nudged to carry the parts for it, and ALSO, perhaps more importantly, will you carry the forthcoming RE-release of the E-Smart when it becomes available?

Remember, as you well know, your customer base is probably new heli pilots buying entry level helis. The E-Smart is the PERFECT heli to which E-Sky fans should graduate once they master their co-axials, Fixed Pitches, and Collective Pitch (Belt CP, etc.).

Help us enthusiasts spread the word about this excellent and affordable heli, and support us and E-SKy by carrying it.

Return my email with your thoughts.

Take Care For Now;

Mick

And back to this post: Somebody email them. Help us with this, and post your email here, as well as any replies. It's fun! Make a difference. Open a tab right now and go to JAG Hobbies

Thanks for helping.

Mick orange69
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:55 pm

I think he used to carry the E-Smart at one time. I feel like he will pick it up again if he sees enough interest. smiley-happy088

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Jag Hobbies and the E-Smart E-Xperiment ...   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:54 pm

Donnie D;

You're right, he wrote me back and said he was planning to carry it AND the parts as soon as it's available.

Works for me!

Mick
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Fantastic. And thank you for the Email you sent him. Also if you don't mind, how about send one to Slick Zero. I sent them one awhile back, and I believe with enough interest shown, they just might get on board as well.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 5:51 pm

Nuttcaze, I'm not sure if this may help, but I wrote to Mimi, from RC711.com

She (or He, I dunno orange78 ) has been my CSR from them, and she always helps me with all the stuff and questions I had since my Dauphin in the second month this year. I wrote to her to thank for a disccount she gave me and I took advantage of the mail and ask her about the production and sales for the Esmart from TWF...

RC711 has themselves the legend "Proud sellers of Esky products", so I guess Mimi may be a good guide and helpfull for the campaign orange74

Just to know... how much the E-smart costed you when u adquired it? and How much would you think it will cost if it comes in sales again? orange78

Thanks in advance, and greetings for you and all the ppl. (Sorry by the bad english).

Going back to the workshop with my Belt macguyver

(Love the Macguyver Emoticon... cuz in RL I carry my own Swiss knife :hahaha: )
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 6:07 pm

I originally paid $179 for my 1st semi-metal kit (w/o motor) from BPHobbies,

my 2nd one was $199 for a plastic edition with motor from Ka-Planes,

and my 3rd one I got screwed by BPHobbies, I paid for a Semi-Metal kit ($179) and got a Plastic edition with NO motor, they never made it right so I continue to flame them whenever I can kane

www.bphobbiesucks.com
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: E-Smart prices   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:07 pm

Helirus from ebay is auctioning off E-smart full metal editions WITH brushless motor and blades.

They have a reserve price of only $189, and often times it's not met. So if you want the best deal in town, that's it! I saw this same kit elsewhere for $330, and Helirus themselves sell it for $249 on their website.

As for the cost of the new one, who knows? I'll be looking for more great deals, for sure.

Mick
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Heres my plan to secure new retailers for the E-Smart, when the E-Smart is released, I will add annotations to every Youtube Video of mine containing the E-Smart, annotations are those little messages that pop up when you watch the video on youtube.

I currently have over 50 Youtube videos containing the E-Smart in at least some part of the video. That means each company would get 50+ FREE advertisements just for carrying the E-Smart. I will add the same annotations on all future E-Smart videos as well.

This past weekend I helped Ka-Planes sell out of their remaining E-Smart kits in a matter of days. I have the power to help sell products as I reach alot of people and I would be more then happy to promote every company that will carry the E-Smart.

So let your favorite ESky Retailer know about this free advertising that will only help make them alot of money.

The E-Smart - Best In Class!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 5:25 pm

Sounds like a great idea. I hope Heli Direct will continue to carry them. They are my favorite online shop right now. Just wish they would start carrying some less expensive batterys.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:39 pm

I will with RC711.com, Nuttcaze. flyaway
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:29 am

Interesting factiod of the day, ESky e-mailed Ka-Planes asking them for their input on the E-Smart orange71
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 am

That sounds like a good thing, I hope.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:06 am

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share this with you.
I ask my local Esky dealer to email Esky to inform about the re-release of the E-smart. Told him about Marc's E-smart Experiment. He liked the initiative and was more than happy to participate.
Esky replied that the re-release is unofficially announced, but things depend on the technical department, since they likely will do a redesign.

So, no new information, but getting same the information from multiple sources is always nice orange6
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:27 am

Mozzy wrote:

Esky replied that the re-release is unofficially announced, but things depend on the technical department, since they likely will do a redesign.

:

Oh god no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Tech department should not be allowed anywhere near the E-Smart. They did such a wonderful job with the ESky 900, delayed for over a year and a half Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: What!!!   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:38 pm

I think we should let ESKY know we like the ESMART the way it is !!!!! No changes are needed!!!! They will just F it up!!!!
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: You may be right, Fat Daddy...   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:12 am

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

Nonetheless, after watching Nuttsie's latest flight through the windy park, I just had to send another email to E-Sky, at all four addresses:

Here's what it said:

Hello;

I've been building my E-Smart today, and reading all about it on some of the forums. Although this is by far your best helicopter, it seems not enough people know about it, and second, according to some, there was some trouble with some parts not being machined to the proper specs in the metal edition. Please be sure to take care of this problem.

But what a fantastic helicopter!

I want to tell you that we are going to be needing parts for this helicopter, and many more NEW pilots are going to want them as they graduate from the intermediate heli market that E-SKy already dominates.

When is the new V2 going to be released? I want one now!

And PLEASE! Be sure to tell EVERYONE in the RC community that you have a low-cost alternative to the T-Rex 600.

Suggestions for V2:

1. Tougher Skids
2. Tougher Tail Fins
3. Tougher Main Gear

That's about it. Otherwise, GREAT job.

Remember to advertise this heli, so that people get a chance to see what a great machine it is. I'll do the same, and tell everyone I know.

Take Care For Now;

Mick

Back to this -- maybe no changes OTHER than these!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "E-Smart Experiment"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next