RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

The "E-Smart Experiment"

Go down 
+4
Bert
WhiteKnite6
Donnie D
Nuttcaze
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:55 am

WhiteKnite6 wrote:

Suggestions for V2:

1. Tougher Skids
2. Tougher Tail Fins
3. Tougher Main Gear

Take Care For Now;

Mick

Back to this -- maybe no changes OTHER than these!

agreed agreed
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:58 am

oh, another thing is that every new video I make about the HBFP V2, which will become very popular, they will all show the E-Smart in them. Soon everyone who knows about ESky helis will know about the E-Smart orange45
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 4:06 pm

So a while back HeliDirect mentioned they were able to get main shafts for the E-Smart made, they only posted that on HeliFreak so it didn't get enough response for HD to make them, well since MicroHeli screwed me on the last stuff they promised to make, I just asked HeliDirect if they could still see about having them made. They originally said they would have to be able to sell at least 200 to get them made so I told them I would buy all 200 if I had too, just as long as they make the Shafts. soo if anyone else needed main shafts and were waiting/expecting ones from microheli, send HeliDirect an E-Mail about the shafts but you have to reference the HeliDirect post from HeliFreak as this was something they offered a few months ago

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.php?p=1342951&postcount=1
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:09 pm

E-Mail sent.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: E-SMart Main shafts ...   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:48 am

E-mail sent by me as well (at least, I'm PM's from your link to helifreak. Was that right?)

Mick
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: What happened?   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 2:01 am

What happened when E-Sky contacted Ka-planes for input on the E-Smart?

Marc, how did you hear about it? From Ka-planes, I presume?

What did they say? Are they kind of on board with us, putting some pressure on E-Sky, or are they kind of on the fence about it?

Mick
PS This references the above post that just sort of left us hanging.
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Here's the clearest ...   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:04 am

... confirmation yet from E-SKy:

Dear Mick,

Thank you very much for you kindly suggestions and feedback, our E-smart will re-produce at the beginning of next year.

You could buy Honey bee V2 through the following website: www.xhei.com

Our new version has made some change including the three point you have mentioned, please enjoy it:)

Best regards

Lucy

.... back to this message. These Asian girls are so cute with their polite emails!

I'm gonna have to buy a HBV2 just for that reason alone. orange45

But that looks like a pretty clear statement of the E-Smart being, well, made again early 2010.

Just thought I'd share that.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:41 am

YAY!!! They will upgrade those 3 points woot
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:08 am

it was Ka-Planes that told me they received an E-mail about the E-Smart, it was cool because they e-mailed them the day after I talked with Ka-Planes about the E-Smart. I don't know any details of what was said between them but again it shows that ESky has a strong interest in the E-Smart again.

I had sent ESky a rather spirited letter about the E-Smart and the Tech/Design department. I told them to keep the E-Smart far away from those people, lol. But if they're starting to talk about a release date then I will have to step up my efforts to get new retailers to carry it.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:38 am

GIT ER DUUUUUNN!!!!

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: I would!!   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 11:58 am

Man, I'd like to start up a little shop so to speak and carry just that!!! Think about how wild it could be made!!! With shop/Dist. status!!!! Thats what the guy I got the "G" from did!!! He carries like 4 diff. helis...period!!!!
Wonder what kind of investment it would take??$$
How about a collective Fourm Based Dist.!!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
Man, I'd like to start up a little shop so to speak and carry just that!!! Think about how wild it could be made!!! With shop/Dist. status!!!! Thats what the guy I got the "G" from did!!! He carries like 4 diff. helis...period!!!!
Wonder what kind of investment it would take??$$
How about a collective Fourm Based Dist.!!!

hopefully I will have the details soon. Its already been mentioned in my e-mails with ESky. But there is a very good possability that when they are released again, I will be able to get them to sell if I want, which I would.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:24 pm

orange71 laughing013 laughing013 ALLRIGHT!!! Now I'll be able to get me another one for half price!!!! laughing013 laughing013

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: I'm thinkin   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:25 pm

I'm thinkin something too. I will be gettin a settlement soon, So I've been thinkin of pickin up a couple select models and parts that guys might be likin..
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: I bought ...   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:21 pm

...the Delrin Gear for mine. It's white, and hard as a rock.

Thanks, Marc, for making that happen.

Mick
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:01 pm

smiley-happy057 smiley-happy057 smiley-happy057 smiley-happy057

I knew it, I bought one of the $34 Turnigy 18.5v 3000mAh batteries from hobbycity, and it gives 5mins of basic flight without going below 3.7v per cell (ending voltage was 3.72-3.74v per cell) and as mentioned before, some have no problems draining them further so you could prob get another min or 2 depending on how low you like to go. But again 5 mins basic flight without going below 3.7v per cell all for only $34

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9263&Product_Name=Turnigy_3000mAh_5S_20C_Lipo_Pack

The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 T3000-5-20
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:33 pm

The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 T5000-6-20

Thats what I paid $59.99 for from hobby city.
5000mah 6s I can get 8 min flight time maybe better if I wanted to change a few things.
The bad thing is how much it weights.

I get the best performace from 2X 4000 3s flightmax batterys.
I get easy 6 min flights.

The zippy flightmax packs weight together 21.5oz
The turnagy 5000 weights 28oz

The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 F4000-3S-20
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Hope the 5000's work ...   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:01 pm

I ordered TWO of the Turnigy 5000's. Hope they work!

orange44

The other thing I was wondering, do we GAIN anything by having a higher continuous flow? I ordered the 20C, cuz it was the right price, but you can go up to 30C.

I assume it would give more power to the rotor, and shorter flight time.

Or would it blow something up, like the uBEC or the ESC?

(Hobbywing 80)

In other words, is 20C the BEST choice, or just the minimum standard?

Just Curious;

Mick
PS As I complete this post, the answer is dawning on me. It would depend on the motor and the other electronics, right? The battery doesn't know what heli it's on, so if 30C is good for ANY heli, it could be alright for the Smarty, provided you have the right stuff on it.

PPS I'll still take some input from you vets out there! Like what would happen if Nuttsie put a 30C on his build? Thrust For Dayz, or Burst Into Flames?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: 20vs30   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 11:30 pm

Really the thing that would benifit is 3D flight, Like hard pitch/throttle moves.. Less bogging of the head/motor when hi demand.. More currant can flow when needed..
And yes it would be ok completely!! No damage to anything..!!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 12:51 am

using a 30C battery won't change anything, it's not like going from 18.5v to 22.2v. But 20C is the minimum you'd want to use (higher the better). But the Turnigy batteries work great, you should change the connectors to Deans as it will really make your life easier :prop:
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Good Advice ...   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:47 am

... thumbs up on the deans. I've already learned how much better they are than those bullets, which are impossible to pull apart sometimes.

Take Care For Now;

Mick
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:33 am

Whiteknite6, You have mentioned doing 3D with the esmart. The turnagy 5.0 Is a put
around battery. Atleast for me. The cells never balance right (for me) and it is to
heavy. When I run my 2 flightmax 4000 I have 7oz less weight and boy can you tell.

It rips on the flightmax batterys way better than the 5.0 and I get a perfect 6 min.
of flight with some to spare. Point being is to keep it light as possible for flinging
this esmart around.

Also on the turnagy 5.0 they say on the battery 20-30c discharge. My opinion is
they are great for the money but plan on using something else when you want
to start some 3D.
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: thanks, Suriano ...   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:22 pm

That's great input, obviously taken from experience. I think it may suit me well to "putt" around for awhile before I get serious about my favorite maneuvers that I do on the sims.

Kinda sorry I bought two, but I guess I had to, or I'd have a lot of down time at the field.

So, two 3S Zippy's bound together as a 6S. Got it.

And thanks again. Now it's off to the blues jam. I don't have only one hobby, you know!

I'm a blues guitar player.

Mick
PS Fly Upside Down, Land Right Side Up!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:29 pm

3 Newest Videos

Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Woot, Woot!   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:23 am

:prop: I can't believe what great timing this is! Right in the middle of my SMarty build, you start a new build series with EXACTLY the same kit that I have!

I've gotta tell ya, I love these vids that you're making. They're what introduced me to the SMarty. Otherwise I'd probably be building a Gaui 200 right now (not that there's anything wrong with those).

The metal edition is really sexy, and the head is just a work of art.

Can't wait to see this series.

And, once again, thanks, Marc;

Mick
WhiteKnite6
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:06 pm

Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Forgotten Vid?   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Marc;

I'm building following your new build vids with the All Metal Edition. I was waiting for the next one to show up here, but I found number 11 on YouTube of all places.

1. Are there others yet, anywhere that I don't know about?

2. Where are they?

Suggestion; Put a new E-Smart All Metal Edition Brand New Build series on your main website, along with all the other great vids.

To All; E-mail Esky about PARTS!javascript:emoticonp(':bigthumb:')

I've just done that, although 3 or 4 of the emails to the other destinations, such as "CEO" came back undeliverable. Could be just me.

Take Care For Now;

Mick :prop:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:44 pm

haven't had a chance to finish it yet, its still in a pile of parts on my desk, been working on gathering intel on spare parts, I got a list coming soon.
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: the experiment continues ...   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:58 pm

... Dear Fellow E-Smart enthusiasts; orange51

I mean, "Hey, Youze!"

Here's a little retailer I found carrying Esky stuff but not the E-Smart. I hate that. Don't you?

If so, write them as part of the Nuttcaze Experiment and make some demands. Here's what I wrote to them today:

I see you carry the Esky line. I want you to carry the Esky E-Smart, which WAS discontinued, but will be back in production according to Esky in the first part of 2010, due to popular demand. Also, why do you not carry the parts for the E-Smart?

All of your customers who buy the smaller helis from Esky will eventually want bigger and better helicopters. You have a built-in customer base.

I, personally, love this helicopter, and I plan on buying many of them in the future and setting them up in better and better ways.

I will only be interested in ALL METAL and/or CARBON FIBER edition kits, however.

Will you agree to carry this fantastic helicopter, the best Esky has ever offered?

Will you please carry the parts for it immediately?

If so, you may become my favorite retailer.

Thank You,

Mick

The website is: http://www.thinkrc.com/

Please help us out and bug these guys. I know Nuttsy will. What about the rest of you? I'll do pretty much whatever you all propose on this thread. I promise. Let's make this happen by STICKING WITH IT!

Gee, tanx, Boyz!

Mick
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Build Vids ...   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Nuttsy;

The fact that you have not finished the build vids is an OUTRAGE (not the battery :grinn: )

When you do, give us a tip as to how to set up the tail, if you know anything about it.

As we say in Texas,

Y'all take now, ya hear?

Mick
PS Suriano, I used to live in Washington State, the Seattle area.
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "E-Smart Experiment"   The "E-Smart Experiment" - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "E-Smart Experiment"
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next