RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBFP Blades

Go down 
+4
flagmax
Donnie D
247rememberme
upsidedown
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
flagmax

HBFP  Blades - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP Blades   HBFP  Blades - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:37 am

Yah I was going to buy those but they were not in stock.

Is you Bee stock?

I put Super skids on mine but the rest of it is stock. So I really need all the lift I can get.
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Blades   HBFP  Blades - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:24 am

Flagmax, for the most part it is stock. All I've done is installed the HBCP battery holder and the HB King II canopy to move the battery forward for perfect nose/tail balance, and of course the C/F blades. Last night with no wind it was as stable as it could be hovering for the most part. :bigthumb:

Happy flying and even better landings flyaway
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Blades   HBFP  Blades - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Just got an e-mail responce from Heli-World and they said that these carbon fiber blades have been discontinued orange4, waiting on another e-mail reply as to what will be replacing them and how soon.
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Blades   HBFP  Blades - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:52 am

That's ashame. Was hopping to get those exact blades.

On side note I just tried carbon fiber blades on my Belt CP v2 and boy it flies smooth. Way better than original blades and other no name wood blades I have used. I hope to see this kind of improvement for my Honey Bee v1 once I get some carbon fiber blades for it.
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Blades   HBFP  Blades - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:21 am

Yea it will fly much better, (mine did). Heli-world sent a reply and said "no ETA on anything as of yet" orange4
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Blades   HBFP  Blades - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 9:49 pm

Marc, any idea's as to what will take the place of the carbon fiber blades we loved so much???? orange4 Mine are still working great but they do have some very small chunks knocked out of them orange75 Besides that, I will get the v2 later (after parts are easy to get) and I will won't to get some C/F blades to put on it also (that I can aford lol) :giggle:
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Blades   HBFP  Blades - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:27 pm

Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Blades   HBFP  Blades - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 12:14 am

Well I received these blades today and what a disappointment. First of all they were too tihgt when i put them on even without the screws. I had to inlarge the holes a little with a file. They are also 17mm shorter than stock blades. Same pitch. At full throttle the Bee lifts about 6 inches. I highly DO NOT recommend them.

P.S, They did come perfectly balanced at 10.89 grams each.

EDIT- I have changed my opinion about these blades. The reason I had problems with lift turned out to be a bad main motor . Once I changed the motor here are my findings. It seems these blades have somewhat less lift than stock because they are shorter but they spin faster which is better against wind and the heli seems more responsive. They do produce enough lift for flying. They came perfectly balanced and track really well. They only bad thing about these blades is I had to inlarge the holes a little. Other than that they are not bad if your motor is good and your Bee is stock. I want to try some real Carbon fiber blades next and maybe Wood 9/10 degrees.

So you decide, nice look, good balance, good tracking, better response trade off is little less lift.

flagmax wrote:
Ok I just ordered the Walkera 4# checker pattern with red strips blades http://www.helipal.com/hm-4--z-09-main-rotor-blade.html

Once they come (6 to 15 days) I will report back what I think of them compared to stock.

Last edited by flagmax on Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Blades   HBFP  Blades - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:17 am

Back to top Go down
backyardheli

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Blades   HBFP  Blades - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Since i ma new to the hobby i am still looking and doing a lot of reading. I too do not like the blades on the hbfpand was looking for so new blades but was unsure of what to get. I found these carbon fiber blades. was thinking about getting them. Could one of you take a look at them and give some feedback.

Thanks Marvin

http://www.helihobby.com/html/piccolo_composites.html
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Blades   HBFP  Blades - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 10:25 pm

wow, they cost alot. I still has to think twice to use Xtreme blade, because I crash a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HBFP Blades   HBFP  Blades - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HBFP Blades
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2