RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kaymm2

kaymm2

450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? Empty
PostSubject: 450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?   450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:07 pm

I was planning on upgrading the brushed motor to brushless. Would something like this work? I'll get an ESC with it as well. This is a 450 motor for Trex's but it's about the same size as the brushed motors
450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? AKE623500FB
http://www.snhobbies.com/product_info.php?cPath=40_44&products_id=353

Or would this be more suited?
http://www.snhobbies.com/product_info.php?cPath=40_44&products_id=202
450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? EK5-0005
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: 450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?   450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:13 pm

I would like to upgrade to brushless motors too, so will be very interested to see if someone replies to this that can give us the info. As I understand it you have to change out speed controller but not sure if that is a separate component or part of the receiver?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: 450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?   450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:49 am

Those motors are too powerful for Honey Bee V2. On honey bee fp you should use similar to this motor. You will also need to buy ~30A brushless ESC and modify 4in1 (soldering skills needed). So if you are learning to fly upgrading to brushless is not worth it. Better save your money for cp heli :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

kaymm2

PostSubject: Re: 450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?   450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:33 pm

Guess you're right about upgrading it...

I'm just obsessed with brushless since all my rc stuff is BL right now :)
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: 450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?   450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:16 pm

I got mad soldering skills! Is there a post somewhere that shows how to do the modification? I might not end up doing it, but I would at least like to know how to. Also, any link to the speed controller that would need to be used?
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: 450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?   450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:50 pm

I would also like to know if anyone has converted to brushless motors and what affect it has had on battery life? I'm planning on shelving the 850mah stock batt in favor of a 1,000 or 1,100 pretty early on. From what I have read, the brushless motor should draw less power, given I am flying the same alt, speed...as I did with the brushed?
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: 450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?   450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:06 am

For reference, you can check here
Back to top Go down
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: 450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?   450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:22 pm

I was reading a thread somewhere else yesterday about burning in the stock motor by running it for an hour on a single AA. Anyone have any experience / results with that? My HBFPV2 will be here Tues or Wed next week, and if anyone knows this or any other tricks to prevent problems, I'd like to hear them. I'm planning to do the fuse mod for sure. After all I've read, looks like I will go for the 10A.
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

kaymm2

PostSubject: Re: 450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?   450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:19 pm

If we were to replace the electronics like the 4in1 with a BL motor. What sort of ESC (ampage), or gyro would be suitable?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: 450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?   450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:23 pm

Then I would buy 450 size heli :giggle:
But seriously going separate on honey bee fp is not worth it. Better to buy 450 size heli and it will not cost too much, than upgrading honey bee :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
kaymm2

kaymm2

PostSubject: Re: 450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?   450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:26 pm

P3tras wrote:
Then I would buy 450 size heli :giggle:
But seriously going separate on honey bee fp is not worth it. Better to buy 450 size heli and it will not cost too much, than upgrading honey bee :bigthumb:

True.... but i'm so obsessed with squeezing performance out my stuff hehehe. that's the nature of this hobby I guess. I have 250,450, and 500 helis too. But i wanna give some love to the HB too lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?   450 brushless motor in honey bee v2? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

450 brushless motor in honey bee v2?
Page 1 of 1