RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBK2 Problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mini owner

HBK2 Problem Empty
PostSubject: HBK2 Problem   HBK2 Problem I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Hey everyone. I have a problem with my Honey Bee King II which basically involves the helicopter spinning in a counter-clockwise fashion every time I start it up and start to hover. I tries adjusting the gyro, which did not work unfortunately.

The link below shows someone who basically has the same problem as me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKNltLcIpEc
Back to top Go down
hbk2flyer

hbk2flyer

HBK2 Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Problem   HBK2 Problem I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:47 am

This is by far the most common question posted on the forums. Ok, right after "what heli should I buy?"

Mark has a recent YouTube vid about setting up the tail servo that should lead you to the solution.

The gyro may need to be reversed or oriented in a different way. Could be your flybar paddles are not level. Are you certain the tail blades are rotating correctly up into the main blade wash? Is the belt tension correct? Helicopters are indeed full of mysteries, I hope you find the solution.
Back to top Go down
Mini owner

HBK2 Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Problem   HBK2 Problem I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 3:13 am

hbk2flyer wrote:
This is by far the most common question posted on the forums. Ok, right after "what heli should I buy?"

Mark has a recent YouTube vid about setting up the tail servo that should lead you to the solution.

The gyro may need to be reversed or oriented in a different way. Could be your flybar paddles are not level. Are you certain the tail blades are rotating correctly up into the main blade wash? Is the belt tension correct? Helicopters are indeed full of mysteries, I hope you find the solution.

Thanks for the tips, I will try out everything you've said and post back with the results later. orange74 Oh, and I'll check out the vid as well!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HBK2 Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Problem   HBK2 Problem I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:45 am

Heres some vids for you, watch them and see if theres anything that helps

Back to top Go down
Mini owner

HBK2 Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Problem   HBK2 Problem I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Oh, and just another question, what brushless motor upgrade would you guys recommend? From what I've heard, the stock motor really isn't good.
Back to top Go down
hbk2flyer

hbk2flyer

HBK2 Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Problem   HBK2 Problem I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:09 am

for the King II the Esly 3900Kv motor drops right in and is a good runner. FYI, the Kv is a voltage constant and denotes how many rpm per volt you get with it. It is not an indication of how much power the motor has.

You will aslso need to add a little support to the motor mount area because it is inherantly week. Extreem has a frame stiffener that works, I invented some braces called the Shizzle mod. There is also a little plate you can make to go under the motor area.

But, consider that any money you spend on it could better be served going towards a Exi450 bare bones kit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HBK2 Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBK2 Problem   HBK2 Problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HBK2 Problem
Page 1 of 1