RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video

Go down 
+9
WhiteKnite6
P3tras
blazemob
flagmax
Fatdaddy
Donnie D
Nuttcaze
GW
suriano
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
suriano

suriano

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:10 am

Leslie Grove park next to the Columbia river.............

Just for the Hell of It....My First Esmart Crash..............

Be happy I blocked the sound because it would have haunted your dreams...
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:14 am

Oh damn! sad Bad crash sad
P.S. You are also very good pilot. A grade flight in the first video happyyes
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 8:42 pm

New bottom chassis with new std. Trex600E skids. Making new holes for skids....

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures026-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures027-1

Using the top RX plate. I cut the back and sides off to use for battery mount on bottom.

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures028-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures029-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures030-1

Not sure how the overall strength will be yet. To be continued.........

Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:45 pm

Great stuff, Suriano!

I hope all your parts are available! (new mantra!)

I did however find out that there is one part that is nowhere. It is the tail L shaped control arm. Part number: EK5-0316.

I have checked everywhere that I can think of and they just don't exist anywhere.

I am shocked that these are plastic. The one replacement that I found doesn't come with bearings either.

It looks from the pictures like yours survived at least. That's great news.

I have been less fortunate. I have taken out two of these. One on the bench (don't ask) and one in the last crash. With the one that I have, that's it.

Anyway, just a heads up on that part.

OH, and I just ordered two carbon fiber booms from BP!!! They are pricey at $21, but they are there! These weren't there a few days ago!
Kent
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:06 pm

Akent, Try here it says in stock....

L control arm
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Unfortunately, Ron is who I bought mine from. I initially bought two and he only shipped one.
So, yes, he may have one left, as he told me that I had bought the last two on the face of the planet.
Kent
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:22 pm

I also a little while ago bought a G-smart from a guy in Austin. I wondered about the parts. The G-smart is all plastic. I'm surprised.
I thought maybe that it could be converted to all metal and then a bigger motor. I still have my nitro stuff from 20+ years ago!

We'll see.
Kent
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:00 pm

The new Bearing with ceramic balls installed into the holder.
Very Very smooth compared to stock. I regret not getting the bottom one.

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures031-1

The new G5 CF blades showed up today. They are pretty, stiff, and light.
Weight is 115g each. 550mm

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures032-1
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:43 pm

wow, sucks to hear you crashed but glad to hear you're still able to get it up and flying, love the bearings, might have to get some myself orange68
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: "G"   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:07 pm

Ron is who I got my "G" from!! He does have a lot of parts for the "G". Plenty do fit the "E" also, not all but some.. You can go with the CNC parts on the "G" the only thing you can't use is the swash plate!!! That sucks but some is better than none!! I have already put the full metal tail rotor and box, and I also put the washout assy and phasing ring on my "G" I really did not like the 1 pin phasing it had..!!
I will be ordering the C. beaqrings, a couple set too. My CFPro is already makin bearing noise and I got plans for it and it will need plenty of good bearings on the main..!!
Got the Full Metal done today and only need to hover to set the tail servo and its good to fly!!!! I'm excited to have a 2nd "E" to fly!!!! But like I said the CFP is gonna be apart soon for some mods..!!
So I really needed some thing to fly in the meantime..!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:31 pm

FD, What mods to your CFE are you doing?

Also if any is wondering the G5 pro blades are solid white on the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Carbon Fiber Pro "E"   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:09 pm

suriano wrote:
FD, What mods to your CFE are you doing?
Well,,, I really was not going to say anything till it was done but since I have.... I've been thinkin..(yes, dangerous I know!!) Really since Nuttsey talked bout about J.Chi flyin an "E" got me to wondering just how High Performance an ESmart could be made..??.. So I'm planing to see!! Mainly I'm gonna go High Voltage!! (12S I'm leaning toward) It will also need to be stretched.... and a toqure tube would be very cool.. it should be able to handle bout 600-620 main rotor blades.. Swinging them might need to be something that you might find on a 700 class heli... As a side note.. in the currant RCHeli Mag. they test a NuMotor 1706/1.5y using 8S pack, they get 3.4 horsepower from it!!!!! AND ITS A %)) Class motor!!!! So Trust me, There is plenty of electric motors that make unreal power!!!! NuMotor makes killer HiPo motors!!!!
Anyway back to the "E" dream!! Bearings would need to be addressed too!! Microheli took care of the gear issue for me.. The C.F. Frame is MORE than strong and stiff enough,, I've drilled mine into the ground twice and didn't even get a nick!!! So that is some of what I've been thinkin, there is plenty of room with the frame to do pretty much anything you might want.. And I've got two more kits!!!!
And now I've got a full metal to fly!!!! Sooooooooooo.......Stay Tuned.......

Also if any is wondering the G5 pro blades are solid white on the bottom.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:35 pm

The "E Dream" sounds cool. Start a thread so we can check it out....
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: GOOD IDEA!!   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:58 am

I haden't thought of that, but it is a really great idea!!! I will do so very soon... I'm gonna start, in fact I have, collecting the parts and have them all before I start even disambelling it... There is gonna be some machine work involved so I think it will be really cool to get pix of each step... What I wrote before is only just scratching the surface... I've been thinkin of this for a while... I'm gonna upgrade my EXI 500 some more first, power system anyway the rest has been done, all the KDE direct CNC parts were installed from the start, and the toqure tube, that is one reason it is so killer already....
Its gonna go from "E" dream to "OUTRAGEOUS E" Everything is gonna be overkill!!!! I'm gonna see just what can be done to/with an ESmart!!!! I have all the machines,lathe, to do what I plan..
If it all works you ain't gonna believe it!!!!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:15 am

You will make a monster from e-smart FD :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OHHH YeAAA!!!   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:23 am

That is the plan P3 ole buddy!!! I will build this "E" into what ESKY should offer as an option!! Maybe I'll have to go into biz building oneoff monster heli's!!! But really, I plan on makin a heli that could compete in/with ANY 600's in the world!!! Doin anything!!! It should be change the blades to fit the style your goin for and go for it!!!! But thats what it is gonna be 600-620 main's I got a susprize box to get into the mail today!!!! Its got a long,long trip!!!!HAHA LOL !!
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: batt choice   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:06 pm

Suriano, two questions;

With the idea of getting the best battery,

What do you think of this one:

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 R3700-3-25

Buy two of these, super light weight batts.

Now, a question for all;

A battery with a 3S1P designation has three cells hooked up in parallel. From my investigation, I learned that the "P" means "how many of the cells are in parallel.

In other words if you have 12 cells in 6 groups of 2 cells, it would be 6S2P.

Question: If I get two of the above batts and hook the together in parallel (just put the two red wires and the two blue wires into the same deans plug, would I then have a 6S2P?

I'm confused about this. And is that the correct way to wire two 3S batt packs to be 6S?

Suriano, I know you use the Zippy packs, so how do you wire them?

Thanks,

Mick
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:18 pm

Hey, Marc;

Wanted to let you know that the deal I thought I'd made to get the Spartan Gyro fell through, so I won't be able to let you know about how it is.

What I DID do is order a Logictech 6100T along with the 6100G tail servo.

I've heard this is a good combination for 600 size helis. To be honest, I won't know from experience, because this is my first build. But that's my choice.

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 6100T%20Medium

Also, when you do the build on the ALL METAL version, please pay special attention to the tail assy., so that I can see how you connect that rod and the belt. I don't think that was covered in the old Plastic build vids.

Thanks,

Mick
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:51 pm

I use a series connecter like this.....

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Dean%20Plug%20Series%20Cable

This keeps the mah rating the same and doubles the volts...

This one (parallel) keeps the volts the same and doubles the mah...

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Dean%20Plug%20Parallel%20Cable

The Rhino batterys look good just keep in mind a 5 min. flight of tossing it around.
I get 6 at most with 4000mah And maybe less when I ramp up my skills....
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Nice Share ...   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Fatdaddy;

Nice to see you're putting together the ultimate Smarty. I'll be interested to see how it turns out when it's,

"Set up Krazy!"

Keep it kool, Daddio;

Mick :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: "E"   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:22 pm

Its gonna be a little while, but I will start a thread for the build.. I been doin some figurin and it ain't gonna be cheap,,, and I don't got the money right now.. I should be gettin some coin soon but got many bills to pay, they been piling up for a couple years now so they need to be paid..! Just came in from flyin the new "E" and it is not like my other one at all!! And I'm a little confused about it.. I guess its got to be the servos and blades, so I just pulled the blades from the CFPro and I'm gonna try them instead of the woodies.... More later
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:54 pm

HOLY SH!T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I cant hardly beleive it myself.

Well I got all my parts today. I ordered 2 mainshafts, one is perfectly true
the other is not. I took a chance and ordered a new central hub.
THE HUB FITS with a .0005" runout on the end of the mainshaft.....

So I am rebuilding the esmart with the esmart head. COOL!!!

I paid $22 to have the hurricane head fixed after the crash,so I have that
in working order if needed.

Still working on the esmart assy. I will post the pics soon. The frame modification
looks good, but the stock canopy doesnt fit using the stock holes. Something
to figure out.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 7:52 pm

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures033

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures035

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures037

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures045-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures046

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures047

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures051

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Helipictures049

I can finally use the Esmart head. I did a test hover in the back today and all is well.
I am still a little in shock that I actually get to fly with the esmart head.

I am really happy with the frame upgrades and the placement of the ESC. It allowed
me to move the battery back into the frame a bit more like I wanted. The layout is
clean and organized just the way I like it.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: LAY OUT   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:09 pm

Yea It looks real good!!!! What brand ESC you using there???? I also see you are using the ball links from the washout arms!!!! Thats a very very good swap there!!! I did that with the first build I did. I saw right away that the angle was bad and since I broke a link(where the ball goes) on the first wash out set I had extra ones and since havce used them on everything!!!! I sometimes wonder why ESKY doesn't see things like that??!! Somebody needs top get their head out their censored over there!!!!
If they did we wouldn't be in this mess with parts and kits!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: WO   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Also, What wash out set are you using???? Looks pretty good...
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:32 pm

The High $ ESC Is a Castle Creations Phoenix HV-85 2~12s lipo's

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 Image1_2434

Everything on the head is stock except I used the Hurricane 550 control arms.
They are a better fit and have replacable ball sockets.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ESC   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:08 pm

Thats what I thought it was!!! I've been lookin at those and have decided thats what I'm gonna use for my "E" project, since I'm gonna run 12S on it that is a good choice.. In fact I'm also ganna pick up a 45HV to run on my EXI500 cause I'm gonna up grade that with a NuMotor 1706H-1.5Y and 8S packs..
For the "E", are you happy with the 85 or would the 110 be better???? Does your 85HV run hot at all??? You are running 6S, right?? If its hot at all then I will need to use the 110..!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:55 pm

No it doesnt get hot at all. Its almost like overkill with the 6s but I feel
very confident in this ESC. It is easy to program and the soft start is super
soft. It is worth every penny spent....
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ESC   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:16 am

Very good Thank you.. I wonder if it would be the same with 12S? Course I don't fly like you yet but hope I will someday... Since I have nothing but time I hope sooner rather than later..I don't believe there is such a thing as "overkill with a part such as this!! Top quility stuff is worth every penny... Some people think that it is just a bling kinda thing or just to HAVE IT, but even for me it will make things work better and last longer..!!
Thanks bud for the info!!
The 80A HobbyWings get hot as a censored sometimes!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:33 am

I actually bought it because I was reading that users really like it and that
it lasts a long time. I wanted something I could trust to work every time
I use it and last for years. Guys have reported using this ESC for years
and it still works for them today......

US flag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next